Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader
disneyfreak
0 Kudos

Manga ebooks

Will there ever be releases of manga ebooks? I know some publishers have been talking about releasing them online for sale, and some companies already have samples out. But will B&N pick them up if they do? Also, will the nook be able to view manga?

Distinguished Correspondent
Phil_K

Re: Manga ebooks

Thanks for the question, disneyfreak: Unfortunately, nook will not be able to support manga and graphic novels at this time. I've asked our Digital Products team about the other points you raise, and I'll let you know as soon as I have some information. We're aware that there are a lot of manga fans among our customers, and we'd certainly love to get these products in eBook form when the technology is there.

Contributor
TeenReader14
0 Kudos

can't you just bundle image files? manga pages are like pictures so if you do that, it would show, right? sony has them.

Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Considering I can get manga on a cheep phone screen....

Frequent Contributor
RaAusar
0 Kudos

Can you get pdf version of magna?

I too would be interested in reading magna books on my ereader.

Just curious if there's some way to get the electronic copy to load on your nook.

New User
Destrae
0 Kudos

As far as I know, there is some Manga eBooks in the Sony eReader lineup, but if the nook supports images, it will support scanslated manga.

Personally I collect manga, so I don't intend to purchase manga downloads, but as far as I know, downloading manga that has not been picked up by an American publishing company isn't illegal, so when I get mine I'll probably try that.