Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Z3d07
0 Kudos

Multiple Nooks

[ Edited ]

Can more than one nook sync to the same account?  My wife and I are both excited about the Nook but don't want to have to buy books twice.  I realize that you can lend the ebooks but that's limited to one time per book, right?

Scribe
Kevin
0 Kudos

Re: Multiple Nooks

Z3d07 wrote:

Can more than one nook sync to the same account?  My wife and I are both excited about the Nook but don't want to have to buy books twice.  I realize that you can lend the ebooks but that's limited to one time per book, right?

Yes, you can sync more than one nook to the same account. (And, yes, eBooks may only be loaned one time.)

Contributor
winkyeah
0 Kudos

Just to be clear, then. If we have to Nooks on a single account, we can both read the same book at the same time? Or will I have to lend it from one Nook to the other?

New User
gofootn
0 Kudos

I am interested in the answer to this question. 

Also, can the micro SD card with nook titles on it, be switched and inserted into another nook not registered to the original nook?  Thank you for your help.

Inspired Scribe
Josh_W
0 Kudos

You will be able to read the same eBook on two nooks at the same time as long as both nooks are registered to the same B&N account.

A micro SD card can be used on multiple nooks.  But you will not be able to read eBooks purchased from Barnes & Noble on a different nook. 

Gys
Reader
Gys
0 Kudos

As a new nook user. I can confirm what the Admins stated.  My husband bought two nooks for us, and we were able to read the same book at the same time with no problems.

Reader 2
BrianandBethany
0 Kudos

This is great news. I belive I will pick up my nook for my Bday as long as the Wife is enjoying hers when it comes in mid Jan.

Thanks for the info everyone.

r4
New User
r4
0 Kudos

I have 2 nooks registered to my account for my daughters.  One of them purchased a book and cannot get it on her nook.  The book auto downloaded to my other daughters nook and she cannot remove/archive it!  It will not allow us to download it on the correct nook - it does not show the cover as an option.  The book is showing on our bn.com account.

I tried following all the directions on the manual, but must be doing something wrong!

Please let me know how I can sort this out!

THANK YOU!!!

Contributor
dawg_69
0 Kudos

I too have two Nooks linked to one account. But only one of them is showing up in "My Nook" in our online account.

For those of you  that have multiple Nooks, can you verify if this is correct or do I need to call CS, As I suspect it might cause problems going forward.