Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
mark4teach
0 Kudos

My nook will not charge

The first time I charge my nook, no problem. the indicator came on. The second time I tried to charge my nook the indicator light did not come on, and my nook will not charge. What do I do?

Correspondent
Doc_Nukem
0 Kudos

Re: My nook will not charge

Simple question (forgive me): Did you leave the nook on? It must be on to charge. I hope they fix this in the future, although there really isn't any reason to turn it off (just let it sleep).

Frequent Contributor
BookDroid
0 Kudos

Re: My nook will not charge

Couple of things to try.  Are you using a USB connection on your computer or the wall charger?  Some USB ports shutdown when your computer sleeps or is off.  Try the wall charger plug into a know source.  

Review the chapter in the user manual on "Power and Charging", starts on page 8.  Since your amber light is not on you either have no power or your nook "thinks" it is charged.  Your nook will shut down the charging circuit when it reaches a full charge and the amber light will go out.  So I'm thinking that if you have a verified power source that something has gone wrong with the power management system.  If you still have nothing after verifying your power source, then I would do hard reset of your nook by removing the battery, reinstall and try to charge it again (removing cover, battery page 16-18).  Your nook will turn itself "on" when you plug it in.  The amber light should then be on as well.  It is important to then NOT turn it off during the charging cycle or it will stop charging.  I never turn my nook "off", just let it sleep.  Hope this helps.