Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
bardon
0 Kudos

Nook BATTERY problems

I've had my Nook since January 14, and have charged it 4 times. Someone on this board told me to turn off wi-fi, and put into airplane mode. This I did, and only using the nook to read, the battery lasted 3 days instead of 2.

Do I have a bad battery? If so how do I get a replacement.

I,m enjoying the Nook, but would like to be able to read longer without charging. I do not turn the Nook off! I leave it in sleep mode.

Your advise is appreciated.

DOES ANYONE FROM TECH SUPPORT EVER LOOK AT THESE MESSAGES? IF SO, WHY AREN'T THEY RESPONDING TO THE PROBLEMS POSTED?

bardon

Frequent Contributor
jnicho
0 Kudos

Re: Nook BATTERY problems

bardon wrote:

DOES ANYONE FROM TECH SUPPORT EVER LOOK AT THESE MESSAGES? IF SO, WHY AREN'T THEY RESPONDING TO THE PROBLEMS POSTED?

bardon

I, too, am hoping for answers on the battery issue . . . and I also am wondering WHEN the actual administrators and/or tech people will meaningfully respond.  Isn't that what a "help board" is supposed to be about?

My primary question is whether the battery issues will be addressed in a future update.  Even if the answer is "We don't know," that answer is better than the deafening silence!

Correspondent
eagleSB
0 Kudos

Relax and stop yelling.  There are many posts out there about the battery issue.  If the moderators replied to all of them, they'd spend their entire day doing that.  I don't think that's productive.  What are they going to say.  "Yes it is an issue."  This may or may not be a software issue that can be addressed in the next update.  We'll find out when it is released.

Contributor
nookverse
0 Kudos

The better question is why the Admins don't create a locked, sticky thread that only they can edit named "Known nook Issues." They've already confirmed that the battery issue is a known issue that will "hopefully" be addressed in a future update.

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/eBooks-Help-Board/Which-is-better-Nook-or-Kindle/m-p/453858/h...

Not everyone is going to search for topics, but they might take a look at relevant sticky threads if they existed and if there weren't so many threads already stickied.

Beth
www.nookverse.com
Frequent Contributor
jnicho
0 Kudos

Thank you for the link, Beth.  I would not have known that the answers from B&N that I seek were in that thread.  Yes, an admin sticky post with updates would be extremely helpful.