New User
Camcameron
0 Kudos

Nook Extended Warranty Purchase

I received the nook as a gift, and the purchaser did not purchase the extended warranty. Does anyone know how I can purchase the extended warranty? The only way I can find to purchase the extended warranty is as you purchase the nook. I am attempting to call customer service to find out, but they transferred me to digital relations and I have been on hold for over 30 minutes, so I figured I would check on here to see if anyone here knows the answer.

Thanks!

Contributor
espo56

Re: Nook Extended Warranty Purchase

I purchased my warranty online from Square Trade.  It was $47.00 for 3 years with accidental breakage.   Use the coupon warrantysanta for a discount.  It's a much better deal. Several other posters recommended using them.

Inspired Contributor
kathi29
0 Kudos

Just hit the purchase button on my square trade warranty. It's a damn fine deal for 3 years with the accidental damage coverage.

If you get a warranty from them, you can email them your receipt and they will keep it on file in case of a claim.

Contributor
BlaiddDrwg
0 Kudos

I have the same question! After being on hold for 45 minutes I was finally informed that the only way to get the premium protection warrenty is to purchase it initially. This is a disappointment because my nook is a gift in the first place. My poor parents only got me this for Christmas and the $260 price just barely flew under their budget with help from additional family members.

If anyone has a link for a good warrenty I would appreciate it!

Frequent Contributor
pepino
0 Kudos

Yep Squaretrade is the way to go.  if they cannot repair the Nook they will refund your 259 purchase price.

Contributor
BlaiddDrwg
0 Kudos

How do you add the Accidental Damage to your warrenty? It won't even let me create a new user log-in

New User
Camcameron
0 Kudos

I guess I'm going to go to squaretrade.com

I found a coupon code (THIRTY30) that gets me 30% off, so I can get accidental damage coverage for 3 years for only $38.50!

Thanks everyone!

Frequent Contributor
Rutter9
0 Kudos

camcameron, coupon coupon code "WARRANTYSANTA" gets you 40% off till jan 8th. also you should of gotten then addidental damage with it, only comes to $47. call them up and see if you can change it.

Distinguished Correspondent
Globaltech
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Last chance to buy

Purchase Confirmation:

Item Category:  Digital Book Reader

Warranty Price:  $43.99

Coverage Term:  3 years

and that includes accidental damage like dropping.

I just bought mine and am a happy camper.

Squaretrade.com

Coupon Code:  WarrantySanta

edit: oh damn:  the thirty30 code does give a few extra dollar off to about 38$

reedit:  oh damn:  i'm in one of the few states that charges sales tax.. so it is still 38 for those non-taxed... and about 41 for those taxed.

+++++++++++++++++++
¡sʞooq ɹǝʎ ,uıןɐǝʇs sɯnɹoɟ ǝɥʇ uı ǝɹɐ sǝʇɐɹıd ¡sǝou ɥo
Frequent Contributor
tonyabionda
0 Kudos

I purchased a squaretrade.com warranty and had a typo in the info I gave them that I couldn't fix on my own.  I called their customer service and they were wonderful.  They had to cancel my first transaction to fix my mess.  I had my refund before we even got off of the phone.  They transfered the receipt I had sent them to the new policy and they even saved me more money that with the coupon code I originally used.  It ended up being just under $39 for three years with their accidental damage coverage.

Frequent Contributor
dreamcatcherSM
0 Kudos

I tried to buy a warranty using the THIRTY30 code and got the message that the discount was only available to select customers.:smileysad:

Frequent Contributor
dreamcatcherSM
0 Kudos

I just called square trade and they gave me a new code so I was able to get the extended warranty with accident protection for $38.49.  There is a $50.00 deductible but I may never need to use the warranty so saving money now is great plus it gives me piece of mind.:smileyhappy:

Important Links

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:117 members 672 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: