Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
WambleJ
0 Kudos

Nook - How to Bookmark a page

I have tested out many different ereaders, but something that is important to me is simplicity.  

I love how the sony reader 505 bookmarks.  It has a simple button you push and you're done.  you can also pull up a listing of all of your bookmarks in your different books and resume reading any of them.  

How does nook bookmark (I know it is with the touchscreen below - but do you have to go through 10 menus to do it)?  What else can you tell us about this?  

Contributor
sfraden
0 Kudos

Re: Nook - How to Bookmark a page

Only thing I can tell you is that you can't bookmark anything unless you buy it from B&N directly,  Its in thier FAQ.    Not cool.  Not useful for college.

Frequent Contributor
DavidGC
0 Kudos

I can't find this in the FAQ.  Can you point to it?

DCM

Contributor
sfraden
0 Kudos

I'll point you to my thread about this subject, which has the info you need...

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/eBooks-Help-Board/What-features-are-Locked-out-for-pre-owned-...

Contributor
WambleJ
0 Kudos

I have to say - even having read that I don't believe that will be the case.  That would seriously cripple the Nook and I don't think they are that dumb.  I think that the bookmarks may not be able to synchronize between nooks and other pc's and such, but I am 99% sure they wouldn't make it so you couldn't bookmark.  I'll wait for the official response.