Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
CallyB1
0 Kudos

Nook can't open book

I downloaded a book that was listed as a nook book....downloaded fine but when trying to access the book to read, I get a message that says "Sorry, unable to open this book."  I have been charged for the book.  All my other books open just fine.  Any ideas?  Thanks!

Distinguished Correspondent
very-simple
0 Kudos

Re: Nook can't open book

[ Edited ]

where did you download it from?

and what format is it in? epub? pdb? pdf? mobi?

New User
CallyB1
0 Kudos

Downloaded it right from BN...format should be correct...

Reader
peckre
0 Kudos

I am having the same problem.  Bought ebook at B&N.com, it shows up on my nook but gives me the message "Unable to open book.  I have no idea what to do.  Help please

Correspondent
illmunkeys
0 Kudos

Try deleting the book from your Nook and reloading it.  If that fails, call customer support.

Reader
peckre
0 Kudos

Thanks,  that fixed the problem

New User
MacOhio
0 Kudos

purchased two books so far.  One took over 24 hours to download, the other never did.  However, the one that downloaded onlyh says "formatting" when I try to open it.  The other has never downloaded.  Tried to contact tech support - they said, "call digital support".  Called them, was on hold for two hours, then disconnected.  Great support!!!!

Before I return this hunk of junk, anybody got any ideas?  If you say to delete and try again, how do I do that?  Can't find anything - anywhere - that says how to delete something.  Only to archive, but that doesn't remove it entirely, so.....

Would appreciate any help from anyone!

Thanks in advance!

New User
lilialuz210
0 Kudos

i'm having the same problem. all the ebooks i downloaded i got before i got my nook and was reading them on my computer, but now everytime i try to read it on my nook it just says "formatting...." i also can't scroll down on the menus on the touchscreen, and i don't know what to do about the message about having a new update. right now i'm on hold for the digital support, i have been on hold since 4:30. anyone have any suggestions?