New User
CallyB1
0 Kudos

Nook can't open book

I downloaded a book that was listed as a nook book....downloaded fine but when trying to access the book to read, I get a message that says "Sorry, unable to open this book."  I have been charged for the book.  All my other books open just fine.  Any ideas?  Thanks!

Distinguished Correspondent
very-simple
0 Kudos

Re: Nook can't open book

[ Edited ]

where did you download it from?

and what format is it in? epub? pdb? pdf? mobi?

New User
CallyB1
0 Kudos

Downloaded it right from BN...format should be correct...

Reader
peckre
0 Kudos

I am having the same problem.  Bought ebook at B&N.com, it shows up on my nook but gives me the message "Unable to open book.  I have no idea what to do.  Help please

Correspondent
illmunkeys
0 Kudos

Try deleting the book from your Nook and reloading it.  If that fails, call customer support.

Reader
peckre
0 Kudos

Thanks,  that fixed the problem

New User
MacOhio
0 Kudos

purchased two books so far.  One took over 24 hours to download, the other never did.  However, the one that downloaded onlyh says "formatting" when I try to open it.  The other has never downloaded.  Tried to contact tech support - they said, "call digital support".  Called them, was on hold for two hours, then disconnected.  Great support!!!!

Before I return this hunk of junk, anybody got any ideas?  If you say to delete and try again, how do I do that?  Can't find anything - anywhere - that says how to delete something.  Only to archive, but that doesn't remove it entirely, so.....

Would appreciate any help from anyone!

Thanks in advance!

New User
lilialuz210
0 Kudos

i'm having the same problem. all the ebooks i downloaded i got before i got my nook and was reading them on my computer, but now everytime i try to read it on my nook it just says "formatting...." i also can't scroll down on the menus on the touchscreen, and i don't know what to do about the message about having a new update. right now i'm on hold for the digital support, i have been on hold since 4:30. anyone have any suggestions?

Important Links

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:47 members 451 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: