Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Molly1218
0 Kudos

Nook isn't downloading puchases?

I just purchased an eBook online, and went to my library on my nook. I selected the book and it again brought me to the overview of the book...Then, I hit download.  After a few moments, beside the download option, it now says: "Queued: Will complete shortly."  No matter how long I wait, it doesn't download. Am I doing something wrong?

Inspired Correspondent
debiant
0 Kudos

Re: Nook isn't downloading puchases?

The thing that is wrong is that there are a few hundred thousand people trying to download books all at the same time... would be my guess. 

Contributor
Molly1218
0 Kudos

So, if I just let it be, it should download soon?

Correspondent
PhotoGuyDL
0 Kudos

Molly1218 wrote:

I just purchased an eBook online, and went to my library on my nook. I selected the book and it again brought me to the overview of the book...Then, I hit download.  After a few moments, beside the download option, it now says: "Queued: Will complete shortly."  No matter how long I wait, it doesn't download. Am I doing something wrong?

Molly,

Let's be realistic.  Thousands of people turned on their nooks for the first time today and are flooding the system with downloads.  It may take longer because of the demand.

Reader 2
NookATL
0 Kudos

This is happening to me as well.  I also tried downloading the ebook from B&N website and sideloading it but cannot download it from B&N site.  Oh well, guess I will wait till the madness calms down a bit.

Overall though loving it.  Installed the update and don't notice any big lag. 

Frequent Contributor
Ivy_B
0 Kudos

I am having exactly the same problem!  Help?

Contributor
Molly1218
0 Kudos

I can't download it from the website either. I suppose I'm just going to have to be patient and hope that mine isn't faulty.

Merry Christmas, all!

Frequent Contributor
Ivy_B
0 Kudos

Yes, Molly.... my nook is stuck at queing..so came up to the pc.. can't download my purchase from here either! And I still can't get my music or display that I carried over from the pc either! :robotsad:

Inspired Contributor
blueyedirishgrl
0 Kudos

I am having the same problem.  I think there are so many people trying to download books today they are flooding B&N's server.  I've had my Nook since 12-9 and downloaded several books and never had the difficulty I am having today... so, I am assuming its just an overload issue with all the people who received their Nook today and are trying it out for the first time.

New User
kimb1418
0 Kudos

I'm having the same difficulty, So excited to play with my new "toy" but guess I'll have to go play with the kids instead. The books I downloaded went into my b&n account but not my nook library. Am I screwed if I don't have wi fi at home?

Thanks

Reader 2
dgsnookuser
0 Kudos

I am also having the same issue and would assume that it is because there are soooo many people trying to download books!
tbl
New User
tbl
0 Kudos

Thought I was crazy never good w/electronics - guess I will be patient- Merry Christmas

New User
Diana099
0 Kudos

I am having the exact same problem with my Nook.  Just the synopsis is there.  Press download it says qued.  I am glad its not just me. Any ideas?

New User
sscry
0 Kudos

I've been trying for four hours now.  New toy: FAIL!  This is a huge bummer.

New User
nsybouts
0 Kudos

Having the same problem.  Gives me an error message after so long of waiting.  Will sit "patiently...ish" until it resolves...

Frequent Contributor
ElaineMomNC1
0 Kudos

I'm having the same situation....bought Gone with the Wind, and it's still queuing.  I just hope it's eventually successful.

New User
prellygirl
0 Kudos

i thought i was the only one haveing problems guess not..having the same thing happen queued: will complete shortly

New User
proballman
0 Kudos

Three hours and counting.  So far, I'm underwhelmed.  B&N - not a good start. 

New User
thisandagain
0 Kudos

Having the same problem here. Very disappointing start for my brand new ereader. I also had the thing freeze up on me within 20 minutes of opening it this morning and had to scour the forum before finding the "battery removal reset" trick.

Not impressed.

New User
lwallace
0 Kudos

I am having the same problem.  Downloading has been easy until today but was so wanting to download a new book and read today to chill out.