Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
PsycheUtah
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Nook, registered credit card changing question

I have a question, I tried doing a search and couldn't find anything that addresses it so I am going to ask here and hope that I didn't just miss looking in some obvious place where it's already answered.  Thanks in advance for your patience.

My sister and I both have our nooks registered to the same account.  We currently have my bank/credit card as the card on the account.  She applied for and got the Barns and Noble credit card and we wanted to change our account to that card. 

I'm assuming changing the card can be done easily (I haven't tried it yet) but wanted to know this.  If the books we have purchased are set to the first card (mine) will they still be able to be read once we change to her card?  Is it as simple as making sure we keep that first card number around to unlock them, and then all new books would of course unlock with the new card they are purchased with?  Or is there going to be a problem with the Nook getting confused because we have had two cards on the account.

Again, I apologize if this is a silly question.  Thank you so much for your help.

................................................................................................................................................

“Patience; n. A minor form of despair, disguised as a virtue.”
Distinguished Correspondent
Globaltech
0 Kudos

Re: Nook, registered credit card changing question

[ Edited ]

not a silly question at all.

I recently move cross state and changed banks... during the interim before i got a new bank account and card.. i used prepaid debit cards from the convenience stores.. visa/mastercards... but prepaid.. kinda like gift cards.. .if i have to remember them.. oh.. FU b&n. 

I haven't tested this at all and don't know so don't take my word as gospel.  I would hope that only the current credit card is required to validate and get yoru downloads.  I hope they didn't make it superstupid and require the card at the time of purchase to get your downloads... if so.. FU b&n.. people change cards and numbers often enough that this type of feature, if programmed, should never have been coded.... simply another reason why people pirate.. to get back materials that have been STOLEN from them.... and some people wonder why people pirate!?!?

+++++++++++++++++++
¡sʞooq ɹǝʎ ,uıןɐǝʇs sɯnɹoɟ ǝɥʇ uı ǝɹɐ sǝʇɐɹıd ¡sǝou ɥo
Reader 4
clobbered
0 Kudos

The books unlock with the CURRENT default credit card on your account. So, if you change your default credit card, you will only even need to remember the new number.

Frequent Contributor
PsycheUtah
0 Kudos

Thank you both!!  I hadn't thought about the gift card thing but that would have been a good indication.  I was making a bigger issue out of something that isnt' an issue at all. Thanks again.

................................................................................................................................................

“Patience; n. A minor form of despair, disguised as a virtue.”
Contributor
LenaH
0 Kudos

If you want to change credit cards, you have to unregister your Nook, change the card on your account, and then re-register. I read that (I think) in the tutorial on it. So I think it should be pretty easy to fix.