Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
gingerVN
0 Kudos

Nook user guide

I am not very techie, so I wanted to down load the user guide to my computer so I could print it off. Each time I try to download it, I get the message "Bad Encrypt Dictoniary" Any one else have these problems?

I want to download some pictures to my screensaver but can't figure it out. Need the page to read as I do.

Frequent Contributor
BenjaminSA
0 Kudos

Re: Nook user guide

Are you downloading the user guide from the support web page?

http://images.barnesandnoble.com/pimages/nook/download/User_Guide_nook.pdf

Contributor
gingerVN
0 Kudos

Yes, I am downloading from the user guide from the support web page. I just tried again using the link you provided. Still no luck.

Frequent Contributor
crane2
0 Kudos

gingerVN wrote:

Yes, I am downloading from the user guide from the support web page. I just tried again using the link you provided. Still no luck.

The user guide is already on the nook.  If you are downloading to a computer, it should be ok as I did that when I ordered the nook; printed it this morning & placed in a binder (will need to get at least a 1" in binder for easier page turning).

I just used the nook area & folled the track to where the user guide & quick start were; both are just pdf files; I think adobe reader popped up to load/read the files & I used the adobe reader to save a copy.  My browser is firefox.....

Frequent Contributor
crane2
0 Kudos

gingerVN wrote:

p,s. do you have adobe reader loaded?  or as a plugin for your browser to use?

I just clicked on the link in the msg & got the user guide.

Inspired Contributor
JD05
0 Kudos

gingerVN:  not sure if you got your user manual but adding pics to your screen saver / wall paper is pretty easy.

Screensavers:

Connect your nook to your computer via USB.

Copy a FOLDER (important) of pictures to your "my screensavers" folder on your nook.  For example, if you want a bunch of pictures of your kids as screen savers, create a folder called "kids", fill that folder with pictures of your kids, copy the kids folder to your nook (/nook/my screensavers/kids/(your images).  After you disconnect the nook from your computer you will see a new entry under screensavers called "kids" (the name will be whatever you named the folder).  Select it and you're done.

Wallpapers go in the "my wallpapers" folder and MUST NOT be enclosed in a subfolder.  /nook/my wallpapers/(your image files).

Screensavers should be Width: 600 x Height: 800.

Wallpapers should be Widht: 600 x Hieght: 760 (to account for the status bar).

-----------------------------------
User manual: http://images.barnesandnoble.com/pimages/nook/download/User_Guide_nook.pdf
Remove the back cover: 25; Install microSD: 115; Wallpapers: 57, 113 (Use 600 x 760); Screensavers: 57, 112 (600 x 800)
Contributor
CARVER405
0 Kudos

Copy a FOLDER (important) of pictures to your "my screensavers" folder on your nook.  For example, if you want a bunch of pictures of your kids as screen savers, create a folder called "kids", fill that folder with pictures of your kids, copy the kids folder to your nook (/nook/my screensavers/kids/(your images).  After you disconnect the nook from your computer you will see a new entry under screensavers called "kids" (the name will be whatever you named the folder).  Select it and you're done

I saw your post and am having trouble.  How do you setup the "my screensavers" folder on the Nook?  I have the picture file set up on the computer but when I download it to the Nook it appears to have downloaded but I cannot find it on the Nook.  Does the file on the computer have to be named  (/nook/my screensavers/kids/(your images?

Thanks for any help.

CARVER405

Inspired Contributor
JD05
0 Kudos

CARVER405 wrote:

I saw your post and am having trouble.  How do you setup the "my screensavers" folder on the Nook?  I have the picture file set up on the computer but when I download it to the Nook it appears to have downloaded but I cannot find it on the Nook.  Does the file on the computer have to be named  (/nook/my screensavers/kids/(your images?

Thanks for any help.

CARVER405

CARVER405:

1.  Create a new folder on your computer.  Give it a descriptive name such as "Beach"

2.  Copy some pictures to the "Beach" folder.

3.  Connect your nook to your computer via USB.

4.  Navigate to the nook on your computer.  You should see several folders in it.

- My Wallpapers

- My Screensavers

- My Documents

etc.

5.  Copy the "Beach" folder from your computer INTO the "My Screensavers" folder on your nook.

6.  Eject your nook.  Go into settings.  Select Screensaver.  You should now see a new option for screensavers called "Beach" or whatever you named your folder containing pictures.  Select it and you are done.

-----------------------------------
User manual: http://images.barnesandnoble.com/pimages/nook/download/User_Guide_nook.pdf
Remove the back cover: 25; Install microSD: 115; Wallpapers: 57, 113 (Use 600 x 760); Screensavers: 57, 112 (600 x 800)