Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
Raceln
0 Kudos

Putting ebooks on my nook

Hello. I just got my nook last night and am having some problems with it. I have some epub books that I got a while ago that I want to put on my nook. When I try to upload it onto the program, it says something like "The file blahblahblah was saved to the locker." I then have to upload it through my devices. And then on my nook it shows up as a doc which is odd. I also try to put a pdf on it but its so small that it was pointless for me to try to read it. What am I doing wrong? Please help.

Inspired Scribe
Josh_W
0 Kudos

Re: Putting ebooks on my nook

Are the epub eBooks in question purchased from Barnes & Noble or are they from somewhere else?  If not from Barnes & Noble, it could possibly be a DRM issue. 

New User
Raceln
0 Kudos

They are from somewhere else. Anyway to fix it? I mean it still reads and all it just is weird.

Inspired Scribe
Josh_W
0 Kudos

You may want to try Adobe Digital Editions.  I'm not sure if this will improve your eReading experience, but there are many posts that you can search through on this board about others who use it. 

New User
KingstonBill
0 Kudos

Related question: I have an ebook on Adobe Digital Editions.  How do I get it into my nook?

Contributor
jennifermcb
0 Kudos

Plug your nook into your computer and ADE should recognize it. If it is the first time, I think it will ask you if you want to authorize, and you should say yes.  At this point, drag the book to the nook photo on the left and it should load.

Here's where it gets tricky. If you are running software version 1.1.0, you will  need to find, on your computer, the nook folder or icon. Move the Digital Editions folder to the My Documents folder, and eject the nook. Then tell the nook to check for new content and it should show up in the My Document screen.

If you are running software version 1.1.1, ADE should recognize the My Documents folder correctly and you should not have to move the Digital Editions folder.

Good luck:smileyhappy: