Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
ExtraBitterStoat
0 Kudos

Re: Rate the cover you bought

I wish I had know about this company before I got my cover from B&N!  What an awesome cover!  I'll have to get one now.  Thanks for posting this!

BTW, I got the Bleecker in Tobacco.  It's a nice buttery soft cover, and fits very well.  The only thing I'm worried about is the skimpy elastic band securing the cover.  I've had Moleskine notebooks before with similar elastic.  It frays and gets fuzzy and ugly after a while.

Correspondent
sharno22
0 Kudos

I have both the Alice cover and the Easel cover.  I love the easel cover for reading while I eat.   For reading in bed I enjoy using the Alice cover.  I think both covers are well made and worth the money.

Contributor
Chazie
0 Kudos

My boyfriend got me the Martin Tupper cover (and my Nook!!) for Christmas. He knows that I love colorful things and he was right, I would have gotten the Martin Tupper cover for myself, too!

Right when I received my nook, I immediately put it in the cover. There are molded cups in the bottom that secures your nook and elastic bands at the top. It is extremely snug and does not move at all when it's in the cover. Holes are also in the correct spot for the USB port, headphones, and speakers. You get access to everything. Also, I read with the front cover folded to the back so it's definitely very flexible.

The only thing I don't like about it is the lack of clasp or elastic band so that the front cover isn't flopping around a lot. Also, when I first got the cover (I received the cover first during Christmas and my Nook came just yesterday), the Italian Synthetic leather felt weird but I soon got used to it after feeling it almost every day since Christmas.

All in all, a great cover! It's not easy to lose since it's such a distinct color.

Inspired Contributor
Tomas_46
0 Kudos

My nook wears the Sinclair in black leather, and it is actually nicer than I expected it to be.

The leather on mine has quite a nice feel to it, as does the synthetic interior lining. The "cup" holding the bottom of the nook appears to be formed leather, and the elastic at the top is much heavier than I expected from the pictures (my local B&N does not expect to ever get any nook accessories).

Originally I got the Sinclair as a "stopgap" measure just as something to protect my nook until the "perfect cover" presented itself, but I like it well enough, and the workmanship is nice enough, that I expect it to be more or less permanent... :smileytongue:

Tomas - University Place, WA
Contributor
tinap53
0 Kudos

Thomas, I went by the Olympia B & N store as well and no accessories either. Do you know of any in WA that carry anything for the Nook?  Am I going to have to check Portland? 

Inspired Contributor
Tomas_46
0 Kudos

tinap53 wrote:

Thomas, I went by the Olympia B & N store as well and no accessories either. Do you know of any in WA that carry anything for the Nook?  Am I going to have to check Portland? 

Tina, the closest I have found are three stores in Seattle...

Barnes & Noble Booksellers
Downtown
206-264-0156

University Village
206-517-4107

Northgate
206-417-2967

I don't think any of the "South Sound" stores carry anything "nook."

I haven't checked anything toward Portland, but I suspect you might be able to call them to see what, if anything, they have. (If you want to check out something in paerticular, it would probably be a good idea to call ahead in any case, to assure they actually have it...)

Tomas - University Place, WA
Frequent Contributor
want2know
0 Kudos

Re: I bought my wife the Canvas Bella Library Cover - she loves it

Just a word of caution.  Putting items in the inside pockets of a cover might cause damage to the screen.  Try this test.  Put something into the pockets then close and take a lot from the side how the pockets now touch your screen.  :smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
want2know
0 Kudos

Sorry, the word "lot" should be look.

Inspired Scribe
Josh_W
0 Kudos

@ want2know:  You can always edit the original post.  There's a list of options available in the upper right corner of your post, editing your post is one of the choices. 

Frequent Contributor
JenRuiz
0 Kudos

I got the bleeker cover in brick too and really like it. But for some reason, to me the color almost looks like a deep fuschia instead of a brick. I like to fold the cover behind the nook and clip the lyra light to the cover istead of the nook.

Inspired Correspondent
MarkinStLouis
0 Kudos

I have the Industrielle cover, and I also noticed the difference when I opened the package.  (On a side note, the zippered pouch it came in is nice, but I'd rather have saved a couple dollars and not had it.)  I was concerned at first, but the tabs seem to hold the nook quite tightly.  I can't see it falling out, but then my plans don't involve taking it out unless I have to.

Also, in the first review on this cover it mentioned the lack of anything to keep it closed.  It actually does have a (weak) magnet in the bottom corner to help keep it closed.  Overall, I think I'd also give it a 9/10.  For the money, it's a pretty good cover.

Tek
Contributor
Tek
0 Kudos

I also have the cover and agree with Globaltech's review.  The one thing that I'm going to try for a clasp is a bit of elastic ribbon in a loop (to try to make it look like a moleskin notebook).

9/10

Tek

Contributor
Simon_Jones
0 Kudos

I purchased the Jonathan Adler Punctuation cover.

Coated canvas exterior.  Looks nice on a bookshelf.  Textile interior, elastic straps to hold nook in place.  Seems secure enough.

The good: has a front cover side pocket, in which I keep a microfiber lense cloth.  I use the swipe function on the touch screen to turn pages, so I wipe it down constantly.

The bad: just like your Industriell cover, the Adler does not have a clip or any mechanism to keep it closed, which would have extended its primary function as a protective casing.  It looks stylish enough to carry around (all the covers are, really), but additional precautions may be necessary when packing it into luggage.

8/10.  There are other covers with a clip, but I picked this one because of the side pocket, and the design.

Inspired Contributor
dessine
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

My Hutton Envelope arrived yesterday! I'm so pleased. I wanted the 'noir' but it wasn't available till April so I got the 'petal' instead. I'm so glad I did! The color is much better than what's pictured (it's brighter, more of a hot pink). It feels really sturdy and it will completely cover my nook so I can put it in my purse with no worries. I don't have my nook yet (class of 2/12), so I have the nook-shaped brochure in it right now :smileywink:

The only one negative I see right now. There seems to be a lip/edge at the top of the inside, I'm concerned it might scratch my nook. Can't confirm this since I don't have my nook yet. Has anyone else noticed this on the Hutton?

rating: 9/10

Contributor
tinap53
0 Kudos

Thanks, I appreciate the heads up and the phone numbers of the closest stores.

Tina

Distinguished Correspondent
Globaltech
0 Kudos

Update on the Industrielle cover:

Now that I have my nook, I can firmly say that it is very secure, even without the big center plastic piece and only have two tabs.

I have no concerns about it popping out (it seem to still be one piece inside the cover)  In fact, it was hard to get it IN the tabs it's that tight.

I'm not worried at all and don't miss the middle piece.  It seems they did a retooling and discarded that as unneccesary... and as a consumer, I'd tend to agree based upon the final product.

The tabs work fine alone without the center piece.

and you should know I'm a harsh critic of things.  If i can like this... then it's a sound bet.

+++++++++++++++++++
¡sʞooq ɹǝʎ ,uıןɐǝʇs sɯnɹoɟ ǝɥʇ uı ǝɹɐ sǝʇɐɹıd ¡sǝou ɥo
Inspired Contributor
Joelmbenge
0 Kudos

Globaltech wrote:

Update on the Industrielle cover:

Now that I have my nook, I can firmly say that it is very secure, even without the big center plastic piece and only have two tabs.

I have no concerns about it popping out (it seem to still be one piece inside the cover)  In fact, it was hard to get it IN the tabs it's that tight.

I'm not worried at all and don't miss the middle piece.  It seems they did a retooling and discarded that as unneccesary... and as a consumer, I'd tend to agree based upon the final product.

The tabs work fine alone without the center piece.

and you should know I'm a harsh critic of things.  If i can like this... then it's a sound bet.

Nice to hear!  When you said it barely looked like they put any brackets in there, I was interested.  I didn't like the look of the one on their site, but I liked the concept.  Check out the reviews on the site.  They all say it doesn't look like pictures, but works great.  So I ordered one for my nook, arriving on Tuesday,  :smileyhappy:

Globaltech
0 Kudos

I like to give recongnition for improvements when applicable.

I'll slam or endorse a product.... in this case i endorsed it... got it and found out it wasn't what i thought i was buying.. but also *(after receivging my nook) found it didn't matter.

It's a good basic cover.:smileywink:

+++++++++++++++++++
Frequent Contributor
cmehner
0 Kudos

Re: Rate the cover you bought (Industrielle Cover)

Globaltech wrote:

I'm sorry for not being clearer.  The picture is the advertised version... still published on this site today.  Look at the bottom and see the slit?  That slit piece is the only piece on my nook on the top and bottom. Literally just a tab at the top and bottom of the cover and no centerpiece holding it all together and providing durability and stability.

I bought this based on your description (which was pretty accurate) since I didn't really like the way that the gigantic hunk-o-plastic looked. I never did find a picture though, and BN hasn't updated the online site quite yet... Anyway, another point I'd like to make is that you do have the ability to put this in upside-down or left-handedly but the contours of the case are a little awkward (but so are lefties)

The images are a bit grainy so sorry about that...

Cover Open

Cover Folded

With Nook Inside

Globaltech
0 Kudos

Re: Rate the cover you bought (Industrielle Cover)

cool pics.

I think the thing I like most is that there is nothing covering the nook... no elastic bands at the top.. no covery type piece to slip in into on the bottom.

It's a very clean design and, if you'll pardon the quip... industrielle.

+++++++++++++++++++