Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
VAbookgirl
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Removing Sample Book from Library

Hey, everyone!  I have downloaded a sample book that I don't want to purchase.  Per the online manual I connected my Nook to my computer and removed the file of the sample book.  I expected this to remove the ebook sample from my Nook library, but it did not.  I can't get the listing to go away from my library and it is still accessible for reading!  Has anyone else had this problem?  I see about archiving ebooks which have been purchased, but not anything about removing samples.  I don't want to archive my sample. Thanks! 

Frequent Contributor
BBBoutique
0 Kudos

Re: Removing Sample Book from Library

[ Edited ]

The way I have been doing this is logging in online and going to My eBooks Library, deleting from there in your account.  Then on your Nook go to My Library and "check for new content".  It will refresh everything and delete the unwanted book on your Nook. 

New User
VAbookgirl
0 Kudos

Thank you! I did get through to Digital Support and had my question answered just as you described. I figured it had to be from the "source" side of the equation. Such a simple matter. I didn't consider looking in my library downloads, duh! The online manual wasn't very clear - or maybe I just didn't read far enough into it. I was pretty sure I knew what I was doing despite the fact that I'm a very newbie Nook user. I guess I have a lot more to learn! :-)
Frequent Contributor
BeckyJoBM
0 Kudos

Thank you for asking that question...I haven't got my nook yet...and now I will know how to do that at least. Ha

Frequent Contributor
violetangel
0 Kudos

It's also a helpful trick when you DO want to purchase the book after having a sample since several people have had the glitch of nothing more than the sample downloading when it's remained on the nook and they've bought the book.

Remove sample THEN purchase!!  :smileyhappy:

‎"No need to hurry. No need to sparkle. No need to be anyone but oneself." -Virginia Woolf
New User
missingthechaos
0 Kudos

I wish I would have read your helpful trick an hour ago. I have this exact problem. I loaded the sample a few days ago and just purchased the book and now I can't get it on my Nook. Any idea how to fix the problem?

gqb
Inspired Scribe
gqb
0 Kudos

@missing the chaos

I've done that not once, but twice!  I've tried archiving, etc.  Your best bet is hook the nook up to your computer, and download from your online library to your nook - but not to the B&N Library but to MY DOCUMENTS on your Nook drive.