Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
VickiBase
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Transfer a BN ebook from laptop to nook

I purchased an ebook from B&N and downloaded it to my laptop. My nook signal strength is unreliable. User guide Ver. 1.1 page 49 says that I can transfer the ebook from my PC to my nook via the USB cable but doesn't explain how to do it.

How do I transfer a BN ebook from my PC to my nook?

Inspired Wordsmith
icebike

Re: Transfer a BN ebook from laptop to nook

The full users guide does explain this in detail.

The cliff notes version:

Plug the cable into the nook and the other end into your computer.

Use the file manager (explorer) to look where your e-books are stored. 

Mine are in "My documents\My BN eBooks\[my email address\

Select the book you want (usually ends in .epub). 

Open anothe copy of explorer and navigate to the drive letter that is your nook.

Then navigate to my documents on the nook.

Then in the explorer where you found your e-book, click and drag the .epub file to

your nook's "my documents " directory.

Without knowing the specific version of the operating system on your computer, I can't be

more precise than that.

The hardest part is finding the .epub files on your computer.

Its a sometimes easier to find better signal strength than mess around with cabeling up every day.

Maybe invest in a wireless router. They can be had for around 30 bucks.

New User
VickiBase
0 Kudos

Re: Transfer a BN ebook from laptop to nook

Okay, I downloaded my B&N purchased books to my PC reader and then transfered them to My Documents directory on my Nook.

Now I fully expect that when I take my Nook into a B&N store a second copy of the books will be downloaded to My B&N Books directory.

So I'll end up with 2 copies of each book on my Nook. Bah-Humbug. B&N should have Anticipated this situation and put a "Purchased" marker on the books in the first place and then allow them to be loaded in the correct directory.