Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
samdenish
0 Kudos

Using gift cards to purchase nook?

Been trying to find a definitive answer to this for a couple of days now. 

Can gift cards be used to purchase a nook?  I told my wife that all I want for Xmas are gift cards to B&N so that I can buy a nook.  Is this folly?

New User
samdenish
0 Kudos

Re: Using gift cards to purchase nook?

bump.

I would really like to know.  I have read conflicting reports on other message boards/news reports.

Correspondent
guenevol
0 Kudos

The best way to find out is to just add a nook to your cart and try it. I would assume that you would be able to use the gift cards in-store, but I'm not really in a position to confirm or deny that. I know for a fact you cannot use gift cards to purchase eBooks.

New User
samdenish
0 Kudos

Silly me.  Why didn't I think of that?  Lol.  Oh well.

I did exactly that, and the online ordering allows up to 3 gift cards to be used, so I'm willing to bet that any number of gift cards could be used to purchase in store.

Thank you for your help!

Correspondent
guenevol
0 Kudos

No problem! Sometimes two heads are better than one. =)

Contributor
gene-v
0 Kudos

According to Barnes & Noble, you can buy any of their merchandise with a gift card except the ebooks themselves. However, I look for the ebook policy to change since Amazon allows ebooks to be purchased with a gift card.

Sometimes I think Barnes & Noble just doesn't get it.

Reader 2
rchan
0 Kudos

One way to get around the 3 card limit.  Take the cards to a store and exchange for one with a higher denomination.

I just did that with seven cards I had.

Inspired Wordsmith
Sunltcloud
0 Kudos

Barnes & Noble got it.

gene-v wrote:

According to Barnes & Noble, you can buy any of their merchandise with a gift card except the ebooks themselves. However, I look for the ebook policy to change since Amazon allows ebooks to be purchased with a gift card.

Sometimes I think Barnes & Noble just doesn't get it.

Contributor
Kitty-Pride
0 Kudos

you can purchase a nook with a gift card

Frequent Contributor
joeypore
0 Kudos

Just to clarify,

STARTING IN MID-DECEMBER, gift cards WILL be able to be used on eBooks.

Scribe
Kevin
0 Kudos

Hi, all ...

We're locking this thread because news has overtaken the conversation, as reported in the thread below:

Coming Soon: Gift Card Purchases for eBooks