New User
msugirlMC
0 Kudos

how to charge nook

does it charge from a computer like an ipod? or a plug-in from the wall? and also, do you purchase the charger separately?

Inspired Contributor
KevMann
0 Kudos

Re: how to charge nook

The charger comes with the Nook. I believe it will also charge via a USB connected to a PC. I could be wrong about the USB thing though.

Inspired Correspondent
lilio
0 Kudos

KevMann wrote:

The charger comes with the Nook. I believe it will also charge via a USB connected to a PC. I could be wrong about the USB thing though.

I thnk you are correct from what I have read.  It would be nice to have a car charger also, for long trips.

Frequent Contributor
Loupy1

You could buy a USB car adapter and then be able to charge any device with a USB cable.  This one (link) is only $ 0.01 with $2.98 shipping

Correspondent
rhayes

Nook comes with a USB cable and an AC adapter with a USB port. One cable, two ways to charge. See a photo on the Tech Specs page. I believe Kindle charges the same way.

Correspondent
ps56k

A friend has a Kindle and tried to charge it with his 5v USB charger for his ipod... didn't really work -

Why - because some of the small 5v USB chargers like for ipods only provide the 5v @ 500ma - which is the USB spec.

The Kindle is rated at 5v but 780ma - (look on the back panel of the Kindle)

So you need a slightly heavier charger....

For the nook - it will depend on the actual power requirements listed on the device,

but usually, a heavy duty 5v USB charger should work just fine.

SO - the included AC charger should of course work fine, along with the USB connection to the computer... just slower charging vs the AC adapter.

New User
Mariela_P
0 Kudos

I am also interested in learning a bit more about nook. I want to get it at least for my birthday, but this may sound weird, but I am not sure if it will come with a charger or what accessories it will already bring. Do you think that you could please tell me?

Mariela Pichardo
Correspondent
ps56k
0 Kudos

Important Links

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:4 members 380 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: