Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
msugirlMC
0 Kudos

how to charge nook

does it charge from a computer like an ipod? or a plug-in from the wall? and also, do you purchase the charger separately?

Inspired Contributor
KevMann
0 Kudos

Re: how to charge nook

The charger comes with the Nook. I believe it will also charge via a USB connected to a PC. I could be wrong about the USB thing though.

Inspired Correspondent
lilio
0 Kudos

KevMann wrote:

The charger comes with the Nook. I believe it will also charge via a USB connected to a PC. I could be wrong about the USB thing though.

I thnk you are correct from what I have read.  It would be nice to have a car charger also, for long trips.

Frequent Contributor
Loupy1

You could buy a USB car adapter and then be able to charge any device with a USB cable.  This one (link) is only $ 0.01 with $2.98 shipping

Correspondent
rhayes

Nook comes with a USB cable and an AC adapter with a USB port. One cable, two ways to charge. See a photo on the Tech Specs page. I believe Kindle charges the same way.

Correspondent
ps56k

A friend has a Kindle and tried to charge it with his 5v USB charger for his ipod... didn't really work -

Why - because some of the small 5v USB chargers like for ipods only provide the 5v @ 500ma - which is the USB spec.

The Kindle is rated at 5v but 780ma - (look on the back panel of the Kindle)

So you need a slightly heavier charger....

For the nook - it will depend on the actual power requirements listed on the device,

but usually, a heavy duty 5v USB charger should work just fine.

SO - the included AC charger should of course work fine, along with the USB connection to the computer... just slower charging vs the AC adapter.

New User
Mariela_P
0 Kudos

I am also interested in learning a bit more about nook. I want to get it at least for my birthday, but this may sound weird, but I am not sure if it will come with a charger or what accessories it will already bring. Do you think that you could please tell me?

Mariela Pichardo
Correspondent
ps56k
0 Kudos