Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

TNS
Distinguished Correspondent
TNS
0 Kudos

Re: nook: Fictionwise and ereader.com files

cbtengr wrote:

I have some Peanut Press vintage books that did what you describe.  I went to the bookshelf page at eReader (formerly Peanut Press) and downloaded some of them again, now the titles display properly and don't prompt for the CC.

I was aware that they had fixed at least one of my books that didn't work.  I however have 8 books that they gave away at various times and did not put on my bookshelf.  These work fine B&N's Desktop reader, but currently don't work with NOOK at 1.2.  I originally tried to convert them with Calibre, but at first it couldn't handle them.  It was John at Calibre who in fixing Calibre's pdb inputer identified that these books had the old 202 byte header format.  For now I converted a copy of these books to epub format with Calibre, but for those who are less technical, it would be best for B&N to fix the NOOK software to handle them correctly.

New User
MistyCherise
0 Kudos

Re: nook: Fictionwise and ereader.com files

Thank you so much for posting the part about putting your middle initial on the first line when trying to open the ereader file on the nook.  I couldn't get mine open for anything and was really starting to get frustrated/angry.  Thank you again!