Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
beckylola
0 Kudos

"Queued: Will complete shortly" message

I've tried to purchase a couple of books today (Dec 25).  While downloading, I get this message and then it goes no further, even though I've waited patiently for almost a half hour (not very patient, am I?).

Is there a big Christmas rush online?  That's why it's taking so long?  Or is there a bigger issue?

Contributor
NB006
0 Kudos

Re: "Queued: Will complete shortly" message

I am having the same problem and was beginning to wonder if there was a problem with the webiste. I tried downloading the books I bought today to my computer, but even those will not download so beginning to think that it is the website.

Frequent Contributor
joeypore
0 Kudos

SAME problem here.

Tried to buy Murder on the Orient Express.

Guess their servers are jammed.... :/

Inspired Contributor
Joelmbenge
0 Kudos

Just imagine everyone in the country headed to the SAME store to buy their last minute Christmas cookie ingrediends.  :smileytongue:

This happened with the iPhone launch as well.  Everyone who got the iPhone on the same day trying to register.  Give it some time.  I'm sure this is just a rus-thing.

New User
RuthieRE
0 Kudos

I have also tried downloading a book today and get the same message.  It has been going on hours now and still nothing.  I was excited to receive this gift but will I ever get to read what I purchase? 

Frequent Contributor
Fading_Echo
0 Kudos

I to am having the same problem. Of course I sort of brought it on myself. I was messing around with the archiving function just to see what it does (because who needs the user guide to tell you things right?). The worst part is, I purchased The Golden Compass yesterday in the car just as soon as I got this thing and have already started reading it. Now I can't even download it back to continue reading it this fine Christmas morning. Hope this gets resolved soon!

Frequent Contributor
beckylola
0 Kudos

Yes, I realize that.  But this is ME we're talking about!  I want MY books.  Forget about everyone else!!:smileyvery-happy:

New User
behappy25
0 Kudos

Hey Guys!  Be happy!  You got the nook before Christmas!!!

New User
jacksinn
0 Kudos

Lots of us are having this problem. Hopefully it is just network overload from all the unboxing today.

Inspired Correspondent
debiant
0 Kudos

This problem occurred yesterday as well... Everyone please make sure to fully charge your batteries and do your updates before you get to browsing around your nook.  I suspect a great deal of problems are coming from people messing with their nooks as soon as they get them out of the box.  I would turn off the wifi and turn on airplane mode and sideload your update, as the connection was absolutely horrendous yesterday, and I can only imagine what it's like today.

Frequent Contributor
arrowspace90
0 Kudos

"B&N Content Error...We're sorry, your nook had trouble downloading this item from B&N.

Please try again later..."

Well, not off to an auspicious start.  And it being xmas day, CS is not available for comment.

I tried turning it off and back on, and then got the "Queued: Will complete shortly" message, followed by the above error message again.

I guess it will be resolved tomorrow or something, but sure would have been nice to download a book today.

Inspired Contributor
blueyedirishgrl
0 Kudos

I am having the same problem.  I think there are so many people trying to download books today they are flooding B&N's server.  I've had my Nook since 12-9 and downloaded several books and never had the difficulty I am having today... so, I am assuming its just an overload issue with all the people who received their Nook today and are trying it out for the first time.

Frequent Contributor
MyLittleAngels
0 Kudos

I got my nook on Wednesday and purchased books both Wednesday and Thursday. Both days the purchases took mere seconds, while I've been sitting waiting for my purchases to go through today. It's just server overload. It will slow down soon, and the constant demand on the servers will ebb.
Reader
michelby83
0 Kudos

I'm having the same problem, however I've been trying to download a book for at least 4 hours....should I stop trying to download and try again tomorrow?  I don't want to "get out of line" if it will eventually work.  I feel like this is running down the battery as well...

New User
Kanjweld
0 Kudos

I opened my Nook this am - fully charged for several hours and was very excited to begin reading a book.  I went on-line, loaded some gift cards to my account and purchased (2) books but I cannot read either book.  I get the same message "queued - will complete shortly".  After a short time - I recieved the "problem downloading content - try again later error message.  I finally had some me time to enjoy my new Nook and this is a definite buzz-kill on the excitement.

New User
JeannetteW
0 Kudos

I totally understand that there are probably a lot of people trying out their new toy.. but these files are teeny tiny... there is little excuses for such poor performance at this stage of the game.. they should have a War room opened and they should be working on this problem NOW.. not tomorrow..

New User
RedMolly
0 Kudos

My wife and I exchanged e-readers for Christmas.  She gave me a nook, I gave her a Kindle.  She downloaded a book in seconds and has been reading all afternoon.  Right now, I wish I had a Kindle.

Frequent Contributor
Fading_Echo
0 Kudos

Just a quick FYI, I've come up with a temporary work around for this issue. It still requires some downloading and it's not 100% fool proof, but it should at least get you up and reading. 

Check out my post titled "Improvised Fix for not being able to download books!" for the procedure. Hope this helps.!

Contributor
LaReinaLeon
0 Kudos

This is so frustrating!! I wish I had received the Kindle 2 instead of the Nook.

Inspired Contributor
Martlet
0 Kudos

LaReinaLeon wrote:

This is so frustrating!! I wish I had received the Kindle 2 instead of the Nook.

Then return it and get the Kindle 2.