Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Jessica
0 Kudos

About Rachelle Chase

As a teenager, Rachelle Chase composed stories in her head for hours while lying in bed, reworking her favorite scenes over and over before falling asleep. Many years later, not much has changed. Except now, she writes them down.

In between writing her current book and fantasizing about the next one, she works as a business consultant in the unromantic, though sometimes comic, corporate world, as well as a model. And when she can squeeze it in, she crams whatever clothing will fit in a backpack and takes off. Favorite trips include a 3-week, 26-city jaunt through Italy, travel writing in France, and a trip to the Costa Chica region in Mexico to research a romantic comedy titled Running Away.

In her other free time, she reads, searches for the perfect dessert at local restaurants, meddles in the lives of her family members, starts new hobbies, and rides a motorcycle -- that is, until she realized she was in love with the idea of riding while the actuality of riding left her shaking in her chaps. She's sure there's a wannabe biker babe story in there somewhere....

Frequent Contributor
lavenderlass
0 Kudos

Re: About Rachelle Chase

What a fab way to live Rachelle! I'd love to head off for Italy & France for holidays, but it's difficult with children. Do you get lots of inspiration over there or is it just for relaxation? I think researching the perfect dessert is good too. In the Cotswolds we have a club called the pudding club where a group of people meet just to eat pudding!

How did you get to start writing and how did you get to publication?

Lynne
Author
RachelleChase
0 Kudos

Yes, traveling is wonderful. I really wish I could do more of it. Sometimes, I travel with the intention of writing. Other times, it's just for the vacation - but I always come home with things to write about!

And, yes, I can imagine how difficult it is to travel with children ... The pudding club sounds like great fun. Do you live in the Cotswolds? That area looks absolutely gorgeous! I love all the greenery!! One day, I'll make it there ...

Best,
Rachelle

http://www.FindingDerek.com
http://www.RachelleChase.com
Author
RachelleChase
0 Kudos

lavenderlass wrote:
How did you get to start writing and how did you get to publication?

Lynne

I just answered this question in the "Questions For Rachelle" thread. :-)

Best,
Rachelle

http://www.FindingDerek.com
http://www.RachelleChase.com
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 40 members 664 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: