Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
LeighMichaels
0 Kudos

The Sex Lounge -- discuss Rachelle's new book here

This is the place to post questions or comments specific to Rachelle's new book, The Sex Lounge, published in May by Kensington....

I'll start off the discussion by saying that though I'm not a big fan of most erotic romance, Rachelle's books are the exception.

Her characters aren't sex machines, they're normal people who become incredibly sexy when they're turned on by the one person in the world who's exactly right for them... and the way the story unfolds is unique, believable, and loads of fun.

I got The Sex Lounge a few weeks ago and saved it to read on a trip this weekend. Unfortunately, instead of going on the trip, I got a 101 degree fever and had to stay home :smileysad: but I curled up with the book and had a very enjoyable afternoon. The end of the first chapter made me laugh out loud, and I was hooked.

The whole concept of a woman who writes her fantasies in a journal, and the man who reads the journal and makes the fantasies come true, was a delight.

Rachelle, how do you manage to make ordinary situations erotic?

Happy writing,
Leigh
Frequent Contributor
lavenderlass
0 Kudos

Re: The Sex Lounge -- discuss Rachelle's new book here

Poor you Leigh! I've had a cold all weekend too which slowed me up a bit. I hope that's the reason I've been writing so badly the last few days! Does being just a little poorly do that to you, too? What's got me peeved is even when I was over the worst bit of the cold, just feeling weak, my writing still seemed lousy!

Is your book being released in the UK Rachelle? I quite like erotic books sometimes and would love to read it here.

Lynne.
Frequent Contributor
dixielandgrl
0 Kudos

Man! that does sound good. I'll have to put it on my REALLY long list. Can you be addicted to reading?
"If all would lead their lives in love like me,
Then bloody swords and armor should not be:" Thomas Campion
Author
RachelleChase
0 Kudos

Sorry -- I somehow missed this post! Leigh, thanks so much for the compliment. I was biting my nails when I found out you were going to read SEX LOUNGE, so I'm thrilled that you liked it! :-)

I hope that you have fully recovered from your bout of the flu (or whatever it was!) and are back to normal. That sounded really nasty ...

In answer to your question about making ordinary situations erotic ... well, I don't really know how I do it. I just kind of take an everyday scenario and think about how to make it erotic. For example, in SEX LOUNGE, I knew I wanted to write about a woman who didn't have the courage to go after the client she'd been fantasizing about so I asked myself, "What erotic situation could I put her in where the hero would be able to seduce her into giving into her desire?" Which then led to the idea of the notebook containing her sexual fantasies.

In SIN CLUB, it was a bit different, in that a real-life experience triggered one of my stories. I was standing on the sidewalk outside of a club, waiting for my girlfriend to go get the car when this guy drove by and yelled his phone number out teh window repeatedly, asking me to call him. I thought to myself in annoyance, "What kind of woman would call some guy who yelled his number out of a car window?" Then I got excited, for my heroine was that kind of woman. And then I thought, "What if I make it so that she dials the wrong number?" And it took off from there.

So, all that is to say, I start with everyday situations that appeal to me in some fashion and brainstorm ways to make them erotic.

That was a good question ... I really had to think about the answer. :-)

Best,
Rachelle
www.FindingDerek.com
www.RachelleChase.com
Author
RachelleChase
0 Kudos

lavenderlass wrote:
Is your book being released in the UK Rachelle? I quite like erotic books sometimes and would love to read it here.

Lynne.

Lynne, I believe it is in the UK as well, though I do not know which bookstores. Thank you for your interest in it. :-)

Best,
Rachelle
www.FindingDerek.com
www.RachelleChase.com
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 55 members 1,148 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: