Frequent Contributor
lavenderlass
0 Kudos

Re: What Is Romance?: Different Types

Ooohhh what a lot of lovely new members! Hello from the uk to all of you and I hope you'll join in here some more.

I'm currently reading a HMB medical by Fiona Lowe, a new author to me, and I'm enjoying it lots.

I didn't know all the parapsychology people are in Scotland Dixie. It makes sense though, they are more prepared to accept gifts like second sight up there. One of my scottish great aunts had the gift of second sight.

Lynne.
Frequent Contributor
dixielandgrl
0 Kudos

More open to ghosts and far more likely to see something. I mean those castles and turrets have to have something in them. What would we have here? Haunted bowling alleys? Libraries? So romantic. American ghosts would be on a more creepy scale, while European ghosts give a place character, like brocade or tartan would. My goal in life is to get to Scotland and have a look around. Trouble is I might not come home!
"If all would lead their lives in love like me,
Then bloody swords and armor should not be:" Thomas Campion
Frequent Contributor
lavenderlass
0 Kudos

You're quite right there Dixie, Scotland is lovely, very big and wild and empty and somehow very elemental. There's plenty of ghosts there okay! I've almost moved there several times because it's so beautiful and has benefits in other ways. It's more classless than Britain, it has better schools and medical care, it's more democratic. But it's so far from my friends and family I haven't. Yet.

When I started writing fiction I used to love writing ghost stories that were set in ancient castles and really made your flesh creep. Now I like writing romance that really makes your heart pound with passion!

I guess I just like making a reaction in a reader, or trying to anyway.

Lynne
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:4 members 467 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: