Contributor
TrayseaWrites
0 Kudos

Screenplay Websites

Does anyone know of any websites that have screenplays posted? I used to go to IMDB but I can't find any there.
Frequent Contributor
Brendan_M_Burns
0 Kudos

Re: Screenplay Websites

Contributor
TrayseaWrites
0 Kudos

Thanks!!! I'll check all of these out.

I wanted to read a screenplay along with watching the movie and see how much they compare...or don't.
Frequent Contributor
crAZRick
0 Kudos

that's always a fun little exercise, Traysea!

also nice to turn on the commentary feature at the same time you peruse the screenplay and watch the movie; so you literally get bombarded and emersed in the behind-the-scenes madness that goes on while bringing the written genius to the big screen.

a lot of DVDs even have DVD-ROM features accessible via your PC, so you can do all that stuff mentioned above plus find more links to the creative junk packed into those DVD ROM featurettes.
I no longer regret that I have no quote, quip or anecdote to share with my countrymen... how about all y'all?
Contributor
TrayseaWrites
0 Kudos

I found the script for Lost In Space (don't ask why :-), but I also have the DVD and decided to compare them. I'm looking for the screenplay for Amadeus, one of my all time favorite films. I have the Director's version DVD so I'm sure there will be a lot of extra goodies for me to check out.
Frequent Contributor
danielnoah
0 Kudos

I encourage you all to share what you find as you compare screenplays with finished films. An excellent prjoect, by the way!
Frequent Contributor
crAZRick
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
ScreenWritersOnline@http://www.screenwriter.com = online Screenwriting classes and chat

A few years ago, when I started tinkering with screenwriting, I subscribed to online newsletters for inspirational and/or instructional classes, forums etc. ScreenWriter.com was one such website. They offer a series of internet-chat-based classes pretty much monthly, I think, designed around screenwriting; topics range from writing and editing screenplay drafts to format, crafting the perfect by-line/'buy-line', preparing and making your pitch to lierary agents, managers and studios, and other assorted tpoics, each geared around creating marketable screenplays.

Classes generally cost $98 for a 3-day class, as I say, they are internet-chat-based classes, everyone meets 'LIVE!' in cyberspace as per the scheduled date and time, and they offer a transcript-via-email option should you sign-up for the class but miss a day or 2 or all 3...

I have never signed-up, bought and paid for, nor attended any of the classes offered in this way by this .com, but I'm curious if anyone who subscribes to this forum has done so? and to what end? are classes such as this worth the expense and time involved? or is this amother for of internet scam?

what say you?

Message Edited by crAZRick on 03-19-200711:36 AM

I no longer regret that I have no quote, quip or anecdote to share with my countrymen... how about all y'all?
Users Online
Currently online:4 members 380 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: