Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
crAZRick
0 Kudos

crAZRick's crazy fan-fics: #2 Halloween 7.5

I wrote this a few years ago, after Halloween: H20 came out on DVD. H20 seemed to offer a fitting end to the Michael Myers saga, most fans said 'So what if this was National Lampoon's Halloween Vacation in California... OK, Michael got a grand send-off, Laurie got her paybacks, so what if H20 ignored Halloween 3 thru 6... Donald Pleasence is gone, no more Loomis = no more Michael Myers...'

Michael Myers' 'grand send-off'?? No more Loomis = no more Michael Myers??
So what if H20 ignored half of the series?

So what?!?!

I could write a Halloween sequel that doesn't ignore half the series and in fact reintroduces some beloved characters from those middle chapters, introduces a Loomis-essence foil, gives Michael Myers center stage again, allows him to get payback in revenge for Laurie's gruesome payback, and brings it all back home, back to Haddonfield, where any decent Halloween movie belongs!!

so I did.

Remember: I wrote this after H20, and before Resurrection was conceived, though some few certain similarities do develop between my vision and what showed up in Resurrection (noteably the 'coming home' aspect); and I did tack on a Resurrection-lead-in ending after that film hit DVD so it can still fit between H20 and Resurrection (hence the 7.5 title), but the bulk of this screenplay was in the can long before Resurrection hit theaters...

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Halloween. This is a fan-fic using and/or referencing characters and stories created by John Carpenter, Debra Hill, Tommy Lee Wallace, Dhani Lipsius, Larry Rattner, Benjamin Ruffner, Alan B. McElroy, Michael Jacobs, Dominique Othenin-Gerard, Shem Bitterman, Daniel Farrands, Robert Zappia and Matt Greenberg.

Read at your own risk; it's most likely crap, and very scary Halloween crap!
I no longer regret that I have no quote, quip or anecdote to share with my countrymen... how about all y'all?
Frequent Contributor
crAZRick
0 Kudos

Re: crAZRick's crazy fan-fics: #2 Halloween 7.5

HALLOWEEN: THE LEGACY OF MICHAEL MYERS

EXT. MYERS HOUSE- NIGHT

MARKER: HALLOWEEN, 1963

6-year old MICHAEL MYERS stands outside the house in clown costume, holding a still-bloody butcher knife as his parents arrive home. DENNIS and CAROL MYERS discover the body of their 17-year old daughter, JUDITH, in her bedroom, slashed and stabbed to death.

VOICE OVER
(subdued)
There is a legend surrounding the night of Halloween… A legend born one night in 1963, in a small town in Central Illinois, A legend born in the curse of a young child, A child who cannot die…

EXT. STRODE HOUSE- NIGHT

MARKER: HALLOWEEN, 1978

6 gun-shots ring out from inside the house.

A body, that of MICHAEL MYERS, age 21, falls from second-story balcony, landing with a muffled THUD on the ground below.

STRODE HOUSE- SECOND STORY WINDOW

The shooter, DR SAM LOOMIS, appears in the second-story window, looking down to where MICHAEL had fallen only moments ago

LOOMIS POV

The body of MICHAEL MYERS is mysteriously missing!

VOICE OVER
The child, grown into a man… The legend grown into a legacy.
The child who cannot die, grown into a man who can never truly live.
A man who cannot live unless he rids the world of his remaining bloodline...

DISSOLVE TO:

PEACEFUL PLEASENCE CEMETERY, HADDONFIELD- DAY

grave-sites in a row, a family plot

PAN ACROSS GRAVE MARKERS:

DENNIS MYERS-
BELOVED FATHER AND HUSBAND

CAROL MYERS-
LOVING WIFE, MOTHER

FADE IN:

INSERT: NEWSPAPER CLIPPING:

DENNIS AND CAROL MYERS KILLED IN CAR ACCIDENT

V.O.
MOTHER AND FATHER…

FADE OUT TO CEMETERY:

CONTINUE PANNING ACROSS MARKERS

JUDITH MYERS- 1947-1963

Images of 6-year old Michael Myers, stabbing Judith Myers to death Newspaper clipping, picture of Laurie Strode:

HADDONFIELD TEEN STALKED BY OLDER BROTHER

V.O.
SISTERS…

FADE OUT TO CEMETERY:

CONTINUE PAN ACROSS PLOT MARKERS

JAMIE LLOYD

Images of Jamie Lloyd being stalked, and finally killed by MICHAEL MYERS

Images of John Tate and Molly being stalked and slashed at through barred gate outside dorm room

V.O.
NIECES AND NEPHEWS…

FADE OUT TO CEMETERY:

CONTINUOUS PAN ACROSS GRAVE MARKERS, INTER-CUT WITH SCENES OF FAMILIAR DEATHS

JOHN STRODE'S head exploding, body burning in basement

DEBRA STRODE chopped in the head with a large axe

RACHEL CORRUTHERS slashed in the chest by a large kitchen knife

V.O.
Even aunts, uncles, and cousins… Unrelenting, unstoppable.. Evil, pure Evil..

VARIOUS OTHER RANDOM KILLS, alternating with images of §DR LOOMIS chasing, hunting, shooting, and finally beating MICHAEL with a steel pipe

V.O.
The Evil inside him cannot be stopped, Cannot be killed… Can never die…

STOP PAN ACROSS MARKERS, SETTLE ON MARKER FAR ACROSS CEMETERY

DR SAMUEL LOOMIS 1927-1995 § §V.O.
This is his curse, his legacy, To seek out and destroy all who bear his family name.

EXT. NON-DESCRIPT VICTORIAN-STYLE HOUSE- NIGHT

House is surrounded by massive stone wall

MARKER: SMITH'S GROVE, 1344 SHADY HILL WAY

OCTOBER 30,1995

Lightning flashes, thunder rolls in the distance this night

SLOW APPROACH on exterior of home § §Suddenly, and UNIDENTIFIED WOMAN plunges from a second-story window, landing with a heavy THUD on the ground below

V.O.
..destroy them all, Or drive them to destroy themselves..

PAN UP from ground level, away from home, toward the street, to MAILBOX

MAILBOX READS: 'Dennis and Carol Reese'

V.O.
This is the legend of the spirit of Halloween, This is the Legacy of Michael Myers!

THUNDER CLAP AND LIGHTNING FLASH

FADE TO BLACK

SOUNDS OF RITUALISTIC CHANTS continue

FADE FROM BLACK

MARKER: HALLOWEEN, 1998

EXT. REESE RESIDENCE, SMITH'S GROVE- NIGHT

NOTE: The Reese mailbox is no longer present outside the stone fences surrounding the compound. In its place, now stands a stone pillar, topped with a runic symbol in brass, the symbol of Thorn

RITUALISTIC CHANTS CONTINUE

INT. THORN CULT COMPOUND- NIGHT

Cult members in dark robes, chant and move around Symbol of Thorn engraved in stone tablet on the floor in the center of the room.

ONE FIGURE looms over all the others, performing hand gestures and vocalizing incantations above and beyond the FOLLOWERS chants

EFFECTS SHOT: Swirling sparkles of light and mystical energy flow around the SYMBOL OF THORN on the tablet on the floor Suddenly, there is a brilliant flare to the energy surrounding the tablet, then SILENCE and the lights fade abruptly

INITIATE 1
(confused)
What? What happened?

INITIATE 2
Something has happened… Master?
(a beat)
Lord Wynn?

PAN TO AND FOLLOW HOODED FIGURE circling group of cultist enchanters § §The hooded LEADER stops at the top of the circle of INITIATES, lowering his hood, revealing: DR TERRENCE WYNN

WYNN
(distressed)
Oh my… We've lost him!

HILL CREST PRIVATE ACADEMY, CALIFORNIA- NIGHT

A medical evacuation transport van careens from the road, crashing through the barricade and rumbling down a steep slope into the ditch. A dark, masked figure, MICHAEL MYERS, is clinging to the front grill of the van, as the van crashes into a large tree.

KERI TATE staggers from the smoking van, holding a large fireman's axe.

MICHAEL MYERS rouses slowly, discovering that he is pinned between the van and the tree trunk. MICHAEL's hands flail wildly at the mask for a moment, before he sets his gaze upon KERI.

A confused, plaintiff gaze from MICHAEL to KERI

MICHAEL reaches his hand out toward KERI

KERI steps forward apprehensively, then steps back and turns away

(a long beat)

KERI spins on her heel, raising the axe with determined zeal

SOUND OF AXE, SEVERING FLESH AND BONE, AND LODGING IN TREE TRUNK VIEW FROM BEHIND TREE, OFFSET TO FOCUS ON KERI TATE

MICHAEL MYERS' head falls to one side, rolling free from his body § §KERI drops the axe and stumbles backwards, sobbing, relieved § §KERI collapses to her knees, panting, sobbing, wiping tears

SHIFT FOCUS: BEHIND KERI AWAY FROM SCENE NEAR VAN TO STEEPLY-SLOPING DITCH

PARAMEDIC approaches silently, marching methodically into scene

As PARAMEDIC approaches KERI, FOCUS on PARAMEDIC's torso, from chest to waist, catching glimpse of burned, scarred, tattooed hand

KERI SENSES SOMEONE APPROACHING, AND ATTEMPTS TO RECOVER AND STAND

Garbled sigh-scream as KERI is lifted forcibly from the ground, from behind, her head in the vice-like grip of the burned, scarred hands

FOCUS ON PARAMEDIC UNIFORMED ARMS AND CHEST

PAN AROUND SCENE, CENTERED ON KERI

PARAMEDIC crushing KERI TATE's skull between his hands

PARAMEDIC drops KERI to her knees, and grips her head in his hands, twisting her head sharply from side to side

KERI goes limp in PARAMEDIC's grasp

PARAMEDIC drops KERI's dead weight to the ground

PAN FROM PARAMEDIC TO BASE OF TREE

FOCUS ON SEVERED HEAD, in mask, near quivering body, still pinned to tree by van

PARAMEDIC steps forward, leaning, removing mask from severed head

FOCUS ON HEAD, centered on piercing blue eyes

ZOOM SLOWLY IN ON BLUE EYES

ZOOM SLOWLY OUT AWAY FROM BLUE EYES TO:

FLASHBACK: HILL CREST ACADEMY SCHOOL GROUNDS PROPER

3 gurneys loaded into 3 transport vans

BLUE EYES and other PARAMEDICS manage the scene

BLUE EYES
Is that the last of 'em?

PARAMEDIC #2
(shaking head)
Uhh, there's one more, in there… BLUE EYES wipes blood from his gloved hands with handkerchief, wadding handkerchief and stuffing it in his pocket, before moving toward building

BLUE EYES
I got this one.
You guys get ready to move out.
This is a damn nightmare!

PARAMEDIC #2
(laughing)
Yeah!
Happy Halloween!!

BLUE EYES exits scene, into building, while other PARAMEDICS finish loading vans

Crash-site, centered on severed head of BLUE EYES behind MASK

NOTE: BLUE EYE'S mouth stuffed with BLOODY HANDKERCHIEF

PAN FROM SEVERED HEAD, UP PARAMEDIC'S BODY, AS PARAMEDIC RISES, AND DONS THE WHITE-FACED MASK

MUSIC: ORIGINAL HALLOWEEN THEME, SLOW AND SUBDUED
I no longer regret that I have no quote, quip or anecdote to share with my countrymen... how about all y'all?
Users Online
Currently online: 37 members 740 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: