Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

BN Editor
Amanda_R
0 Kudos

About The Secret

[ Edited ]

About The Secret

Author Photo: The SecretRhonda Byrne explains that she tracked the ideas behind The Secret throughout history -- from 3500 B.C. to the present day. "Since I discovered The Secret, every single moment of my entire life has changed, and I am living my life for the first time," she says. Rhonda defines The Secret as the law of attraction -- otherwise known as the idea that "like attracts like." She calls it "the most powerful law in the universe," and asserts that "What we do is we attract into our lives the things we want, and that is based on what we're thinking and feeling." The principles in The Secret set forth the notion that we create our own realities by the choices we make in life -- and, critically, the nature of the thoughs we think.

The People Behind The Secret

Title: Rhonda ByrneRhonda Byrne, like each of us, has been on her own journey of discovery. Along the way, she brought together a superb team of authors, ministers, teachers, filmmakers, designers and publishers to bring forth The Secret to the world, and through her vision, to bring joy to hundreds of millions.

To help her share the wisdom of The Secret, Byrne has brought together a powerhouse team of authors, ministers, teachers, filmmakers, designers and publishers to bring forth the powerful messages of The Secret to the world, including:

The Rev. Dr. Michael Beckwith says he was a drug dealer in college -- until he was arrested in a deal gone bad. However, after a spiritual awakening that turned his life around, he founded the Agape Spiritual Center in Los Angeles, where he teaches thousands of faithful followers the path to reaching their highest potential.

James Arthur Ray was insecure and awkward as a teenager until weightlifting helped the self-described "geek" gain confidence in his 20s. He says that surviving a near-fatal motorcycle crash and almost going bankrupt forced him to focus on the life he truly wanted. Now, he runs a multimillion-dollar corporation dedicated to teaching people how to create wealth in all areas of their lives.

Lisa Nichols grew up on the tough streets of South Central Los Angeles. She admits that as a self-conscious teenager, she often used sex to feel loved by men. After hitting rock bottom at age 19, Lisa prayed for a better life. Now, she has made her fortune by motivating more than 60,000 teenagers to make better choices in their own lives.

Chicken Soup for the Soul creator Jack Canfield was deep in debt before he made it big. Today, his bestselling books have sold more than 100 million copies worldwide, and he travels the country teaching the secrets of his extraordinary success.

Message Edited by Amanda_R on 08-15-2007 11:52 AM

New User
Okie82
0 Kudos

Re: About The Secret

Hi,

The Secret looks like a great read. I am definitly excited to pick it up and read it!
BN Editor
Amanda_R
0 Kudos

Hi Okie82, and welcome!

So nice to have you here as one of the Book Club's "debut" members! Once you've had a chance to take in some of The Secret, do visit us again and let us know your thoughts! Either look for areas of interest among the Discussion Topics I posted, or feel free to create your own!

Great to have you here -- and do keep us posted...

Amanda
New User
2abundance
0 Kudos

Yes the DVD is amazing and so is the book now the Teachers of the Secret Bob Proctor and Jack Canfield teach you how to utilize The Law of Attraction through 7 Free Lessons @ http://secret2success.thesrgprogram.com
New User
artist333
0 Kudos

My life changed dramatically after viewing The Secret. I first heard about it from a member of my Unity church. I went straight to B&N to get the DVD. I bought the book and the DVD. When I got home to watch it, I realized I had the CD series.

After sinking into a deep depression after my father's death in 2001, I couldn't shake it. But immersing myself into The Secret has had an amazing affect. My anger at the world for losing my father is lessening.

I have taken control over my life again. I have the CD series loaded into my CD player and play them when I can't sleep. This helps to reinforce the message.

The amount of info contained in this message is wonderful. If you're looking for a church that teaches the same message, may I suggest a Unity church. They're non-denominational and very loving. Many of the churches are also offering classes on The Secret book.

I highly recommend this book when you're ready to begin to LIVE again.

I notice that this post has listed a few of the teachers. Do you have info on the remaining teachers with bios? Thanks for reading.
New User
2abundance
0 Kudos

OOPS~~~ error in link

Jack Canfield and Bob Proctor are both the best of the best Teachers of 'The Secret' and they are on a mission to teach the World how to make 'The Law of Attraction' work for them and they give you 7 free lessons to start the learning and practising the manifestation process which is awesome.
After watching the DVD or reading the book or listening to the Audio this was the next logical step for me and it is truly awekening and inspiring and I would love to share the secret behind The Secret.You can check it out at http://secret2success.thesgrprogram.com
Love and Light to All
New User
jumpingbum
0 Kudos

yeah sure.

The temple of the vampire (TOV) has been buzzing for a year about "the temple mission." I knew that this was it as soon as I saw it. Even the cover of the book has a snake on it. This stuff came from ancient Babylon, the same place the TOV draws its 'wisdom.' Y'all are going to come to a point in your lives, hopefully not after you die, when you will be VERY SORRY that you ever heard of 'The Secret.' Trust me, guys, this isn't a gift and it ISN'T from God. You don't believe me?

www.vampiretemple.com

get on their message boards and start reading how you can get ANYTHING you want, including eternal life.

I would AVOID 'The Secret' like the plague that it is.
New User
cutie44404
0 Kudos

hi , i copied the book from a friend of mine , i feel very happy when i read the book

i really wonna to be good in applying the secret

i recommend this book for everyone

Users Online
Currently online: 40 members 819 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: