Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

BN Editor
Amanda_R
0 Kudos

Community Room

Hi All:

This is the place to post all off-topic discussions, and enjoy the company of your fellow Secret readers.

Enjoy!

Amanda
B&N Bookseller
Brad_W
0 Kudos

Re: Community Room

I was just wondering something. When it comes to thoughts and books like this, where do you see God (as you understand Him) in your life?
With purpose and on purpose
Frequent Contributor
caroline88
0 Kudos

God in my life

God, Jesus and The Holy Spirit love me and only want the best for me. That includes abundance in all things, health, love, material goods. I am adjusting the Law of Attraction in the sense that I pray in gratitude for all the good things which are coming to me.

Caroline
Belief in your mission, greet life with a cheer
There's big work to do, and that's why you are here
~ Caroline
Reader
terry78
0 Kudos

Re: God in my life

Caroline,
I'm new to posting here, but I see you have made a lot of references to the way that I see things as well. I just finished the dvd last night and am looking forward to many blessings. What kinds of blessings have you noticed in your own life?
Frequent Contributor
caroline88
0 Kudos

Terry,

A few weeks ago, I attended a Healing Room session where three people prayed with me for inner healing. A job that I had high hopes on, had ended in a rather unfriendly manner.

Since then, I have found a peace that cannot be explained by any visible miracle. I easily and effortlessly found 2 temporary jobs and easily and effortlessly scheduled them around my upcoming business trip. For which I booked and confidently took the cost as if I already had the money. Then a very special business investment which I also made and the three bonuses that I thought I would pick, miraculously two were replaced by other products which in hindsight are far better choices than the ones I had set my sights on. Someone with bigger Wisdom took care of those details.
I am receiving help in exactly the things that I find difficult to do myself and again, this comes to me automatically. I am currently working on my business in my spare time and my multiple lists of subscribers are all growing. While I am doing what I enjoy doing.

My new colleagues in the first of the two temporary jobs, shower me with love and appreciation. During one of my lunch breaks, I applied the knowledge that I had learned from attending 4 webinars of 2 hours each. An investment in time and energy which I joyously made because the teachers were funny and really knew their stuff. Applying what I had learned, I cashed in on this investment by finding the PERFECT domain name. Which I registered and I expect the sites will be up and running by the third week of July. Something was wrong with my other site, my mistake, and I asked the webmaster for help. Offering to pay because he had to redo some of his work. He completely ignored my request to send me his offer and fixed it for me. I know enough about webmastering to know that it was not a lot of work and I am grateful that he is also a Secreteer who is happy to help me out. On his Saturday afternoon at that.

Have you kept count? I have lost it but I am grateful and happy each and every day, in faith that God will continue to watch over me and help me out where help is needed.
Belief in your mission, greet life with a cheer
There's big work to do, and that's why you are here
~ Caroline
Reader
mysticpizza
0 Kudos

For me the Law of Attraction is GOD in action, is a side of GOD.
New User
krisscop
0 Kudos

About the God and Bible stuff relating to "the Secret"
Jesus said,"I have come that they might have LIFE, and Have it more abundantly". Not...Scrimp and save to be more "Christian". I want to LIVE larger than I can on my own. He...will lead me to it.
"Every good and perfect gift comes down from the Father". this incorporates Faith..not replaces it. IF all truth is God's Truth, and I believe it is..then the 'secret' stuff is not anti God or anti Truth...What I get is a gift from God (the Universe).

God created my mind, my subconscious mind and can help rule my thoughts. "as a Man thinketh, so is he". My thoughts are to be God centered/inspired/holy/positive. So far..no problem with God.
Even the verses that have been crammed down our throats about "God not allowing more than you can take..." have always for me been presented Negatively. Like..I"m not going to have such a Horrible tragedy that I can't survive. more crap isn't going to be given to me than I can take. With THIS...The flip side is also true. God is not going to "trust" me with more than I can be responsible for. Allow for. Be able to accept for.

former fundy here...so I realize how radical all this may seem. But after years of stale pulpit preaching The Secret has increased my attitude, actions and Beliefs in a Positive Christian light more than any other I can remember.
New User
PunkFlower85
0 Kudos

Hi all!  I was hoping someone could help me out with finding a book.  I read it year ago and I can't for the life of me remember the author or the title.  It's about a women who wants to keep a diary for her unborn child about how she and his father met.  I believe she's a Doctor, and she has a bad heart.  And then she gets pregnant and becomes sick, so the Dad starts writing in the diary for their unborn son since it was so important to his wife / girlfriend.  and in the end you find out the mother and son died in a car accident.  If anyone could help me out in finding out the author of this book please let me know.  Thank you very much!
Users Online
Currently online: 51 members 219 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: