Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

BN Editor
Amanda_R
0 Kudos

Discussion Topic: The Secret to Life

[ Edited ]
Author, international speaker, and spiritual messenger Neale Donald Walsch introduces the chapter "The Secret to Life" by explaining, "Your purpose is what you say it is. Your mission is the mission you give yourself. Your life will be what you create it as, and no one will stand in judgment of it, now or ever."

Do you agree with Walsch's outlook? How do you plan to apply the ideas in The Secret to your own life's mission?

Note: This discussion topic is particularly suitable for the chapter of The Secret entitled "The Secret to Life" (pages 177 - 183).

Click on "Reply" to post your thoughts about this discussion topic, or click "New Message" on the main page to start a new topic thread.

Message Edited by BN_Editor on 03-12-2007 03:51 PM

B&N Bookseller
Brad_W
0 Kudos

Re: Discussion Topic: The Secret to Life

Amanda_R wrote:
Author, international speaker, and spiritual messenger Neale Donald Walsch introduces the chapter "The Secret to Life" by explaining, "Your purpose is what you say it is. Your mission is the mission you give yourself. Your life will be what you create it as, and no one will stand in judgment of it, now or ever."

Do you agree with Walsch's outlook? How do you plan to apply the ideas in The Secret to your own life's mission?

Note: This discussion topic is particularly suitable for the chapter of The Secret entitled "The Secret to Life" (pages 177 - 183).

Click on "Reply" to post your thoughts about this discussion topic, or click "New Message" on the main page to start a new topic thread.

Message Edited by BN_Editor on 03-12-200703:51 PM

I often wonder what life would be today if this were the thought process throughout time. What if David said, "No. I don't feel like coming in from the field."? What if Isaiah said, "Alright I'm getting sick of these voices in my head and I am not writing any of this stuff down."? What if Peter didn't lay down his net because he determined his purpose soully to be a "fisherman"? What if Paul said, "Thanks for my sight back, but I'm going back to what I was doing."? Would we have any of the spiritual thoughts we have today which have improved and changed so many lives?

The thought that something beyond our comprehension may be in the slightest bit of control is a scary thing. Not an easy notion to go with either. It leaves us in the same predicament as Job sitting outside of the town. But what is this "God's will" that we should just lay down and let "nature take it's course"? First of all, it is nothing about "laying down". It's all about standing up and moving. God's will is rather simple and Jesus summed it up . . . "Love God and love your neighbor". That's it. It's that simple. Sounds easy, but we all know it's not. So we give up in some regards and move on to . . . I'm going to be in control now.

To me, that's the real awareness and the real creation in our lives. The creation of a "love affair" with God.
With purpose and on purpose
Users Online
Currently online: 48 members 781 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: