Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
WendyWyatt
0 Kudos

Introducing myself to those who know the secret

Greetings,

My name is Wendy Wyatt. I have the book and the DVD of the secret, and think it's fantastic. It is something that my mother has always taught me while growing up, but it is so nice to see it made public like this, and to see it accepted.

It was always something that I felt I understood, but had trouble getting others to understand it. The secret movie is just fantastic, because it explains it in such a way that it is easier for people to accept, because it is not associated with religion, politics, or sales in any way. It is just the simple truth, like it is.

Of course, even though I was raised knowing much of this, it is not something that I was exercizing to my fullest potential.It is exactly what I needed to remind myself of the truth, and what I should do next... absolutely fantastic.

I just bought Jack Canfield's book the Principles of Success, How to get from where you are, to where you want to be... and am applying the exercises one step at a time. I know it will work for me, because it is principles I used before. I have used principles very much like this from the book Think and Grow Rich, and it worked fantastic for me as after reading that book, I learned to change my life for the better, by establishing goals, and the steps it takes to achieve them, did my affirmations, and check lists, and it got me from working in a resturant to graduating from college. My goal was to get enough education to get out of the trap of working for minimum wage or close to minimum wage. I am doing that now, but now I realize I need much bigger goals.

:smileyhappy:

Wendy Wyatt
BN Editor
Amanda_R
0 Kudos

Re: Introducing myself to those who know the secret

Hi Wendy, and welcome to the Book Club!

Thanks for your post, and congratulations on your successes so far! You mention some "bigger goals" ahead -- care to share with us what they are, and how you plan to use the methodology of The Secret to attain them? I'm sure we'd all be interested -- and inspired -- to hear about it!

Amanda

Users Online
Currently online: 54 members 693 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: