Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
curlygirli
0 Kudos

SO excited!!

Thanks for starting this book club! All of my friends loved the book and I can't wait to read it. It will be an interesting discussion, for sure.
YEAH!

cg
BN Editor
Amanda_R
0 Kudos

Re: SO excited!!

[ Edited ]
Welcome, CG!

Once you've gotten started, please do pop in and let us know your initial thoughts! Did you happen to catch the Oprah show on the book/DVD?

You mentioned that your friends love The Secret -- just curious -- how has it worked for them? And why not invite them to join us, here? It would be great to hear about their experiences, and swap stories.

Thanks for sharing your enthusiasm with the group -- and keep us posted!

Amanda

Message Edited by Amanda_R on 03-15-2007 12:38 PM

Frequent Contributor
Lo_Lo
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Lois.

"The Secret" CDs were given to my husband and to me by my step-daughter on Christmas. All three of us listen to it regularly. I have mine in my car so it's on every time I'm driving. A couple of weeks ago I was walking through Barnes and Noble and saw the book on the a table. I'm really glad I have it now in addition to the CD program because it's so much easier to find references and such in a book rather than a CD.

Between that and other spiritual avenues that I've come across lately, following that thinking is slowly becomming a way of life. SLOWLY! When I noticed this thread I got so excited. Although "The Secret" way of thinking is prevelant about my home I would love the opportunity to discuss certain aspects of it with others. I'll be sure to check the other threads on The Secret as well.

I understand the movie can be downloaded on your computer. If anyone is interested in information regarding that I'll try to get it for you.

So I have the book, the CD and the movie. Now all I need is the secret de-coder ring. (I don't know if either one of you is old enough to get that. If not, sorry)

Looking forward to sharing with you.
"When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change." Wayne Dyer
BN Editor
Amanda_R
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Welcome, Lois -- thanks so much for joining us here. It's so interesting how you were drawn to the book, the CD... and then to our Book Club! Perhaps you *will* come across a special ring soon -- and it can be your very own "Secret" ring, and bring you good luck -- who knows? I like to think it's possible.

I look forward to hearing more about your experiences with and thoughts about The Secret. I hear Oprah is planning some additional shows on it -- did you catch the earlier episodes? The minute I know about any other airings, I'll be sure and let everyone know. In the meantime, welcome!

Amanda

P.S. Now that you have the book to look through and reference -- what's your favorite chapter?

Message Edited by Amanda_R on 03-16-2007 08:52 PM

Frequent Contributor
Lo_Lo
0 Kudos

Amanda posted

P.S. Now that you have the book to look through and reference -- what's your favorite chapter

Amanda,
Thank you for the welcome note. It's tough to say if I have a favorite chapter. Since I listen to the CD in my car, it's sort of on going to help me change my conscious thinking in general. There are a few areas that I am working with though. One has to do with focusing on wellness because I have a couple of diseases. I've addressed that on the thread about health. (What a wonderful outlet these posts are.) I'm also using the process in changing my weight/size. There is another woman that has mentioned the same thing in another thread so I intend to contact her.

Thanks again,
Lois
"When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change." Wayne Dyer
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 254 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: