Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Favorite Quotes or Passages

As you finish the novel, do any of you have a favorite quote or passage you'd like to share?  Does Burnett have a writing style that lends itself to choice quotes?

~ConnieK

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Re: Favorite Quotes or Passages

Are you not finding any stand-out quotes, readers?  If not, do you think there is something about children's novels that does not allow them to have many poetic passages?
~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
New User
CoquetteinaCorset
0 Kudos

This is one of my all time favorite books.  It's about healing inside and out, Growing both physically and mentally,  and friendship is a great theme in this book. For example: dickon and colin. 

My favorite quote :  " If they wished I would, I wouldn't."  Mary says that in response to Colin pitying himself and saying everyone knows he'll die and wishes for it.  I love the way mary reacts to colins pitying himself.  She gets so angry at him because she wants him to stop thinking those negative thoughts which are making him sick.

Scribe
Laurel
0 Kudos

I have to confess that I listened to the book rather than reading it in print this time, so I can't quote anything. My favorite scene, however, would be the first glimpse of Dickon and his animals.

There are a lot of quotable lines in Winnie the Pooh, the Narnia books, The Hobbit, Alice in Wonderland....

ConnieK wrote:
Are you not finding any stand-out quotes, readers?  If not, do you think there is something about children's novels that does not allow them to have many poetic passages?

"Truth must of necessity be stranger than fiction, for fiction is the creation of the human mind, and therefore is congenial to it." ~~G.K. Chesterton
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Thanks for posting, Coquette--The book does seem to resonate with so many readers.  I like how you point out themes of healing, growth, and friendship.  I might add redemption and hope to the list as well.

~ConnieK

CoquetteinaCorset wrote:

This is one of my all time favorite books.  It's about healing inside and out, Growing both physically and mentally,  and friendship is a great theme in this book. For example: dickon and colin. 

My favorite quote :  " If they wished I would, I wouldn't."  Mary says that in response to Colin pitying himself and saying everyone knows he'll die and wishes for it.  I love the way mary reacts to colins pitying himself.  She gets so angry at him because she wants him to stop thinking those negative thoughts which are making him sick.

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

You're so right, Laurel--Many quotable lines from children's literature!

~ConnieK

Laurel wrote:

I have to confess that I listened to the book rather than reading it in print this time, so I can't quote anything. My favorite scene, however, would be the first glimpse of Dickon and his animals.

There are a lot of quotable lines in Winnie the Pooh, the Narnia books, The Hobbit, Alice in Wonderland....

ConnieK wrote:

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Users Online
Currently online:57 members 491 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: