Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

New Club Features

Hello, Readers!

The Barnes & Noble.com Book Clubs are announcing today a couple of new features for the clubs.

1.)  Those of you using Firefox should now be able to see and use the tool bar on board posts. 

2.)  The private message feature now also has a new look, with tools available. 

BN.com says it's grateful to its programming team for developing these new features. 

EnJOY!

~ConnieK

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Distinguished Wordsmith
Everyman
0 Kudos

Re: New Club Features

Great additions! I was unsure whether these were BN initiated, or a result of a Firefox upgrade I got this morning.  Nice to see that BN has upgraded so Firefox users (yea us!) have full features.  (Now that I've gotten pretty adept in using HTML to create links, I just have to figure out how to use the link feature!)

ConnieK wrote:

Hello, Readers!

The Barnes & Noble.com Book Clubs are announcing today a couple of new features for the clubs.

1.)  Those of you using Firefox should now be able to see and use the tool bar on board posts. 

2.)  The private message feature now also has a new look, with tools available. 

BN.com says it's grateful to its programming team for developing these new features. 

EnJOY!

~ConnieK

0 Kudos

Everyman--If you can do HTML, I should think the link feature on the toolbar will be a walk in the park for you (click on the chain link icon).  If you have any troubles, though, don't hesitate to give a shout out.

~ConnieK

Everyman wrote:
Great additions! I was unsure whether these were BN initiated, or a result of a Firefox upgrade I got this morning.  Nice to see that BN has upgraded so Firefox users (yea us!) have full features.  (Now that I've gotten pretty adept in using HTML to create links, I just have to figure out how to use the link feature!)

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Ah, so all that pestering of Mozilla tech guys on the phone, did have an effect afterall.
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

TiggerBear wrote:
Ah, so all that pestering of Mozilla tech guys on the phone, did have an effect afterall.

I don't know anything about that, TiggerBear, but I do hope those who are new to the tools are enjoying them.

~ConnieK

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Yeah a couple of months ago, I had major trouble imbeading a link. Tracked the problem down to firefox's firewire. About 8 emails back and forth, (sad really when you know more than the tech help guys). I got one with a ph# and just the line, call my boss. The number was in California and I'm in Virginia, they may have thought I wouldn't bother. (chuckle) They didn't know I've got free longdistance. So I ended up having an over 2 hour call with a sub head of programing. The end of which was "Thanks, we'll take it up under advisement." Don't get me wrong, they guys at Mozilla are polite and sweet, but I had doubts anything would ever be done. I'm pleased my pestering and that of others alerted them to issues.

Now if I can only get firefox to work with netflicks's watch instantly feature(smile).

Oh, and the new tools are nice. I'm not the only one pleased with the results of you wonderful people behind the sceens here. GREAT JOB GUYS! 

Message Edited by TiggerBear on 07-21-2008 10:43 PM
Users Online
Currently online: 45 members 284 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: