Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Wordsmith
chadadanielleKR
0 Kudos

Re: Nadine Gordimer

ziki wrote:

fanuzzir wrote:
Gordimer is like a highly self-aware Hemingway. Very artful, like him, but I always thought I knew where her fiction was going once I started a story.

I found myself jumping chapters in her latest book and it felt like I didn't miss much. This is a terrible thing to say and something I usually don't do, but I can't realy tune into her writing. Maybe the word "predictable" actually describes it. I couldn't put a finger on it.

ziki

Please, tell me which book are you alluding to?

Regarding short stories,and come to think about it, I am pretty that more than one writer of short stories must have got inspiration from EH...
Frequent Contributor
fanuzzir
0 Kudos

My favorite Gordimer story is "The LIfe of the Imagination," which can be found in a very wonderful collection of international short fiction called Art of the Tale, edited by Daniel Halpern. I recommend both.
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos

Danielle,

I was talking about Get a Life.
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/results.asp?WRD=Gordimer+Get+a+Life&z=y

ziki
Inspired Wordsmith
chadadanielleKR
0 Kudos

Inspired Wordsmith
chadadanielleKR
0 Kudos

ziki wrote:
Danielle,

I was talking about Get a Life.
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/results.asp?WRD=Gordimer+Get+a+Life&z=y

ziki

Thank you so much for the info. I had not heard about this latest book. I'll let you know what my opinion is about it when I shall get hold of it.
Inspired Wordsmith
chadadanielleKR
0 Kudos

fanuzzir wrote:
My favorite Gordimer story is "The LIfe of the Imagination," which can be found in a very wonderful collection of international short fiction called Art of the Tale, edited by Daniel Halpern. I recommend both.

Thanks a lot.
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos

accidental NT posts

Hi Danielle, it happened to me many times that I pushed the wrong button and got a NT post as a result. What I did in that case was to use the edit button and post what I intended in the same space. No big deal but this worked for me.

ziki
Inspired Wordsmith
chadadanielleKR
0 Kudos

Re: accidental NT posts

ziki wrote:
Hi Danielle, it happened to me many times that I pushed the wrong button and got a NT post as a result. What I did in that case was to use the edit button and post what I intended in the same space. No big deal but this worked for me.

ziki

Thank you for your help, but sorry, I don't see which is the Edit button...
Inspired Contributor
Choisya
0 Kudos

Click on Options on the top right of the post Danielle and a menu with Edit on it will drop down.:smileyhappy: It is usable for around 90 minutes after you post I think.

chadadanielleKR wrote:

ziki wrote:

ziki

Frequent Contributor
fanuzzir
0 Kudos

And I've needed every one of those ninety minutes!
Inspired Wordsmith
chadadanielleKR
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Choisya wrote:
Click on Options on the top right of the post Danielle and a menu with Edit on it will drop down.:smileyhappy: It is usable for around 90 minutes after you post I think.

chadadanielleKR wrote:

ziki wrote:

ziki

let's try... Thank you for everyone's help, Yes I made it!!!

Message Edited by chadadanielleKR on 03-12-200702:58 PM

Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos

cut...and edit

fanuzzir wrote:
And I've needed every one of those ninety minutes!

hahaha... I need ninety days incubation!

ziki
snorting with laughter
Frequent Contributor
fanuzzir
0 Kudos

Re: cut...and edit

Ninety days warranty would be nice for almost everything in life.
Users Online
Currently online: 19 members 716 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: