Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos

The Sun Also Rises

Hi,

this is a suggestion. The board was titled Hemingway and in February we attemped to discuss his short stories. Perhaps we could also move onto other books and the topic could be ongoing.

Some of the short stories we read here and questions that were posted here prompted me into reading the book Sun Also Rises.

It had the same abreviated austere style but at the same time beause the narration was longer the characters felt less like skeletons. Prior to reading it I heard it was a book about bull fights. I think that is a wrong assesment.

I'd be happy to discuss it (as well as other Hemingway's books) if anyone is around albeit in a slower pace. Hemingway's work for me is a prescription drug to be taken in small doses. :smileywink:

Among other topics the book zoomes on male friendship (different facets) plus a woman is brought on stage (or some women I'd say in order to include the side characters).

ziki
Frequent Contributor
fanuzzir
0 Kudos

Re: The Sun Also Rises

Ziki, that's a very good suggestion. I'd like to try to start this on the American classics board--the one currently featuring Whitman and a pot pourri--so I'll be copying your letter over there and hope it takes.
Bob
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos

bro' Ernest

[ Edited ]
OK.
Is it wrong to have it here? Shakespeare has his own board, Hemingway could get one, too. Ernest is such an ongoing trauma; LOL

ziki

Message Edited by ziki on 03-12-200705:51 PM

Frequent Contributor
fanuzzir
0 Kudos

Re: bro' Ernest

Ziki, why not. Read away. People looking for short stories might be confused, but they'll get the idea. Just one thing: they will "archive" this page after a while, which is where old featured discussions go when they give out. The American Classics Board, however, lives forever, so that's why I thought of going on without a time limit there.
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos

Re: bro' Ernest

aha, OK, NP. Bring it over there.
ziki
Users Online
Currently online:26 members 237 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: