Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Blogger
IlanaSimons
0 Kudos

The Plan For Our Discussion

[ Edited ]
Hi. Welcome to our discussion of Kafka, which promises to be lively and interesting.

Here's the plan we'll follow. The book club will start on January (not before...enjoy the holidays for a while!) and will last through the end of the month. I've posted four initial threads, on The Metamorphosis, "Before the Law,” "The Judgment," and on Kafka, the man. I’d like to start with The Metamorphosis, which is the longest story, and move on from there.

Later in the month, we’ll move on to “The Hunger Artist,” for which I’ll post more questions. I’m also open to suggestions for further threads.

So…Jump in. I look forward to your input.
Ilana

Message Edited by IlanaSimons on 12-26-200612:24 PM

Ilana
Check out my book, here and visit my website, here.

Blogger
IlanaSimons
0 Kudos

Re: The Plan For Our Discussion

Hi everyone. This is just a short note to say that the Kafka discussion will soon be winding down. I've enjoyed your insightful comments on the book.
Our next book club--on Ford Madox Ford's The Good Soldier--will soon begin. Stay tuned for that February discussion, and thanks again for your exciting, smart comments on Kafka
Ilana

Ilana
Check out my book, here and visit my website, here.

Users Online
Currently online: 59 members 831 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: