Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

BN Editor
LitEditor
0 Kudos

In March: Author Susan Isaacs on Past Perfect

[ Edited ]
Susan Isaacs joins us for Past Perfect.
In March, the Thrilling Reads Book Club will be spending the month discussing Past Perfect with bestselling author Susan Isaacs. Let's discuss. Fifteen years ago, Katie Schottland got her dream job: analyst at the CIA. True, she wasn't a spy, but she only wanted to read about espionage, not live it. And in 1990, she was doing terrifically well, about to get a promotion-or so she thought. Instead, she was fired. No explanation. No severance. No closure. Now, she's a successful writer of the lighthearted cable TV series Spy Guys, a woman with a loving husband, a great kid, a lively Manhattan life. Yet she still can't forget being booted out of the Agency, the humiliation of it, the injustice of never knowing why. Most of all, she still mourns the loss of the work she loved. And then she gets a call from an ex-colleague, a woman who was trouble with a capital T-and liar with a capital L. She swears this time she's on the up and up: no stories, no hidden agenda. She's in trouble and needs Katie's help. In return, she'll tell Katie the real story of why she got fired. But before she can, she vanishes, leaving Katie to put the past behind her-or risk everything, including her life, searching for the truth. Espionage fiction or psychological study? Whodunit? A novel about not being able to let go of a past hurt? About being on the brink of 40 and not feeling fabulous? Past Perfect is all of these things and more, as befits the latest novel from the multi-talented Susan Isaacs. We'll begin our conversation with Susan about her wry, contemporary take on the cloak-and-dagger tale on March 5th.

Message Edited by Barbara on 03-14-2007 10:21 AM

See the latest news about book clubs in the Book Clubs Blog.
Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS
0 Kudos

I'm loving Author Susan Isaacs' Past Perfect

I just wanted to comment...

I'm one of those adoring fans of Susan Isaacs's writing. I've read all of her novels, and I'm never dissapointed! I'm about half-way through reading Past Perfect, and I have to say, this character, Katie Schottland, keeps me on my toes! Her mind wanders in places I may have seen a time or two, and I can't stop grinning or smiling, or laughing-out loud at what goes on in her head! I've never read another author who can equal Susan's wit! Intelligent! Now, I have to get back to the book!
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

Re: I'm loving Author Susan Isaacs' Past Perfect

I am guessing, this is the "hello" section of Susan's board. I wonder where everyone else is.... Susan is a fabulous writer and she can keep you on your toes! Come on gang, join in.... let's discuss this thrilling great book!
And hi to Kathy and Jerry!
Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS
0 Kudos

kiakar wrote:
I am guessing, this is the "hello" section of Susan's board. I wonder where everyone else is.... Susan is a fabulous writer and she can keep you on your toes! Come on gang, join in.... let's discuss this thrilling great book!

Hey, girl! Is that the southern lady I hear? ;-) Glad to hear your 'voice'! Where's the rest of the gang?
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

KathyS wrote:

kiakar wrote:

Hey, girl! Is that the southern lady I hear? ;-) Glad to hear your 'voice'! Where's the rest of the gang?

Kathy I am wondering where everybody else is to! They are missing a great read!
Maybe they will appear later!
Users Online
Currently online: 48 members 626 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: