Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
Curt_from_Denver
0 Kudos

Possible Sequel?

Hi Tracy,

First of all, thanks again for coming to Denver!

I'm still passing GWAPE around the hospital where I work after 2 years (had to pick up a 3rd copy recently!) and the feedback is still terrific.

Do you think you might ever write another novel with Maggie and Jem as adults?

Thanks!

Curt
Author
TracyC
0 Kudos

Re: Possible Sequel?

Hi Curt

Glad to hear Pearl Earring is spreading a little cheer at your hospital.

I think I'm too close to Jem and Maggie at the moment to know if I'll ever write about them as adults. To be honest, I doubt it. I've only had one urge to write a sequel, and that is to Falling Angels. The other characters I feel content to leave as they are.
New User
Curt_from_Denver
0 Kudos

Hi Tracy,

Thanks so much for your response. I remember reading on your website that you had thoughts to a sequel for FALLING ANGELS plus you kind of give some indication in a couple of other books on what happened to people which is why I wondered about something further for Maggie and Jem.

I've passed your GWAPE FAQ to all the people I've slipped the book to and it's been quite helpful. Do you think you'll do one for BURNING BRIGHT (perhaps these posts are already supplying material)?

Any idea on whether it will be two years or three for SHE SELLS SEA SHELLS?

Thanks so much for participating in this discussion!

Curt
Author
TracyC
0 Kudos

Hi Curt

Probably it will be 2 years for She Sells Seashells - but I'm going to have to change that title, as it works only in English! So look out for it in 2009.
New User
val_nichols
0 Kudos

I was glad to see that you have thought about continuing with the characters in Falling Angels, as that is one of my favorites. I loved following those two girls as they grew up and wanted to know what happened to them.

Thank you for ALL of your wonderful characters.
Val
Users Online
Currently online: 23 members 824 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: