Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
katharineclark
0 Kudos

writing a book review

Hi Tracy,
I am writing a book review about your new novel for our library's webpage as we speak and found your wonderful website. Any plans to write young adult novels in the future like some of your fellow authors?
Katharine
Librarian-Madison Public Library
Madison, WI
http://www.madisonpubliclibrary.org/madreads/

(P.S. I am a transplanted Brit, what I miss the most are "pickled onions", what's your favorite British cuisine?)
Author
TracyC
0 Kudos

Re: writing a book review

Hi Katharine in Mad City--

Funny, some children's book editors in the UK keep pestering me about writing a children's book or young adult novel. I don't know. Maybe. Kids are so hard to write for, as they are not as patient or polite as adult readers. If they don't like it they throw the book across the room. However, my son (who is 8) would like me to write a kids' book, so we'll see. I do have an idea for a story about where all the socks we lose go...

I gotta tell you, I hate those pickled onions! I do love a lot of English cuisine, however, in particular all the comfort food - shepherd's pie, fish pie; plus all the wonderful puddings - bread and butter pudding, Eton Mess (a wonderful concoction of strawberries, whipped cream and meringue), and above all, summer pudding, which consists of a lot of berries (strawberry, raspberry, red and black currants, etc) stewed together and then pressed into a mold lined with white bread. I know, I know, it sounds disgusting but it's delicious and absolutely gorgeous when the berry juice bleeds through the white bread...
Users Online
Currently online: 56 members 676 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: