Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
CallMeLeo
0 Kudos

More Woolf?

Ilana, what are the chances of you moderating more of Woolf's works. I, personally, am interested in Mrs. Dalloway, but would welcome any of her others. Or was Mrs. D done recently and I missed it?
Frequent Contributor
saltydog
0 Kudos

Re: More Woolf?

CallMeLeo wrote:
Ilana, what are the chances of you moderating more of Woolf's works. I, personally, am interested in Mrs. Dalloway, but would welcome any of her others. Or was Mrs. D done recently and I missed it?

I second!
Salty Dog
Salty Dog
Blogger
IlanaSimons
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
I would love, love that. Next month, I'm moderating a discussion on Willa Cather's My Antonia. I would love to do another Woolf after that, and think Mrs. Dalloway is a terrific idea. I'll run it by people here.
In August, I've got a book on Woolf, A Life of One's Own: A Guide to Better Living through the Work and Wisdom of Virginia Woolf coming out. I'd love to talk about some ideas in there--namely, that some writers like Woolf (and Austen and Bronte...) offer not just art, but wisdom about our actual, daily lives, about morality, friendships, marriages, ambition.
Do these authors ever sit on your shoulder and offer something practical for ordinary life?

saltydog wrote:

CallMeLeo wrote:

I second!
Salty Dog

Message Edited by IlanaSimons on 04-20-200710:11 PM

Ilana
Check out my book, here and visit my website, here.

Frequent Contributor
KristyR
0 Kudos

IlanaSimons wrote:
I would love, love that. Next month, I'm moderating a discussion on Willa Cather's My Antonia. I would love to do another Woolf after that, and think Mrs. Dalloway is a terrific idea. I'll run it by people here.
In August, I've a book on Woolf, A Life of One's Own: A Guide to Better Living through the Work and Wisdom of Virginia Woolf coming out. I'd love to talk about some ideas in there--namely, that some writers like Woolf (and Austen and Bronte...) offer not just art, but wisdom about our actual, daily lives, about morality, friendships, marriages, ambition.
Do these authors ever sit on your shoulder and offer something practical for ordinary life?

saltydog wrote:

CallMeLeo wrote:

I second!
Salty Dog

Ilana, your book sounds great. This was my first Woolf, but Bronte and particularly Austen are favorites of mine. I would love to do some more Woolf in the future. In Francine Prose's book Reading Like A Writer she suggests reading Woolf's On Being Ill. I wondered what you thought of this piece (it's an essay I think).
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos

More Woolf is OK with me :smileyhappy:

ziki
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 222 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: