Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
HP_Fan
0 Kudos

Do you feel Sad or Happy today?

[ Edited ]
Well as you all know the book comes out at 12:01 tonight. But I for one and having mixed feelings.. I mean it's great that it's finnaly here but then agin this is the LAST book, and like many other posts I have seen about growing up with this series I am one of them. I started reading this series in the late part of my 3rd grade year and I will be graduating during this next school year. I know we have waited close to 10 years for this moment but what are your feeling on it?

Sad?

Happy?

Or a mix of both?

(I am a mix of both.)

Message Edited by HP_Fan on 07-20-2007 08:30 AM
New User
ObsessedHarryPotterFan35
0 Kudos

Re: Do you feel Sad or Happy today?

I'm a mix of both too! I'll miss waiting for a new HP book! At least we've still got The Half Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows movies.
Contributor
LionStar
0 Kudos

HP_Fan wrote:
Well as you all know the book comes out at 12:01 tonight. But I for one and having mixed feelings.. I mean it's great that it's finnaly here but then agin this is the LAST book, and like many other posts I have seen about growing up with this series I am one of them. I started reading this series in the late part of my 3rd grade year and I will be graduating during this next school year. I know we have waited close to 10 years for this moment but what are your feeling on it?

Sad?

Happy?

Or a mix of both?

(I am a mix of both.)

Message Edited by HP_Fan on 07-20-2007 08:30 AM

Both
Do not be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
New User
off_reading_olive
0 Kudos

neither... I am empty. Can i feel happy when there is no longer the excitement for the next book? Can i feel sad when I feel we got the perfect ending? hmmm....
Contributor
MikeNM
0 Kudos

I feel a mix of both. As pathetic as it sounds, over the years, Harry and company have become like friends to me. I'm one of the many people who grew up with Harry, and it seems that now, as I go away to college, he and his friends are another group I'll be leaving at home.

I also owe these books, because they really helped to strenghten my relationship with my brother. He's a lot younger than I am, but we used to stay up late at night, and I read him the first three Harry Potter books. I know that the long nights spent reading Harry, thinking our parents thought we were asleep will be a pleasant memory I'll always have.
New User
ysabella_hplover1992
0 Kudos

i totally agree with you...
waiting and being excited for the coming out of the 7th book also referred to as the last book was very weird and you can't quite explain the emotions..
you kinda get mixed emotions...you don't know if you're happy that it's comming or if you're sad that it's the last..or a little anxious to open those pages full of the magical story and to see what will happen to the hero Harry Potter and how the ending would be.

it's a little sad because many of the characters in the book dies because of the sacrifice they had to make for they love ones...
it's very sad..and also very well-written...

its captures you as you read every pages..and the movie for the 7 book will be spectacular...as i already assumed....

the book is very nice and interesting..it describes a lot..and answers a lot of questions....i tell you the ending is very nice..and would make you smile..

even though some people departed...

great book!!!!
~Ysabella~
New User
Lethargic1
0 Kudos

The whole series has been exciting to me because it got people, especially young people, to be excited about reading. I'm a little sad that this is over, but I know that it will continue to get young people to read, so that still makes me very happy.
If you like discussing books, come and check out a brand new forum. www.theliterarycorner.com
Frequent Contributor
stacielynn
0 Kudos

I am both happy and sad. I really enjoy the series. I am 34 years old so I think the series was written for both the young and old. I really couldn't wait until book 7 came out. I went to a party and had a good time. I am just angry that my attention span is getting so weak. The 7th book is taking me forever to read.
StacieLynn

Why does it have to end?

JKR Please write another book series.
New User
LilMissCrimePrevention
0 Kudos

I love the Harry Potter books, and I'm sorry to see the series ending! However, I am glad Harry lives and gets married to Ginny and has a happy life!
I will D.A.R.E. to join the fight to keep kids off drugs!!! I will D.A.R.E. to resist drugs and violence!!!
Users Online
Currently online: 19 members 468 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: