Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
Tirzah
0 Kudos

Harry came to my life at the perfect time. I was a freshm...

Harry came to my life at the perfect time. I was a freshman in high school, in a small town where there was never much to do, except get into trouble. One night, a good friend and I decided to see The Scorcer's Stone in the theaters. I did not know much about the movie, or the book. I decided to go along, only because there was not much else to do. During the movie, I was in total awe. Afterwards, I learned more about the books, and the writer and decided then to begin reading the series. To my surprise, the books were more amazing than the movie. That was the time I became OBSESSED with Harry. I would stay home saturday nights and just read. Harry was the reason I began reading books for entertainment. I have always been interested in fantasy, but for Harry, it was more about life. That's what drew me in to the first book. Here's a boy that is out of place in society, and does not have many friends. He feels, and knows he is different, but he is not quite sure why. This was exactly how I felt at the time I began to read theses books. As you know, Harry finds out why he is different, because he is very special and has powers he did not even knew he had. This inspired me to not care about what other people think, and believe in myself. As I read the other books, I turned into a Harry Potter nerd. I love every book, and can not get enough. I also love the movies, and went to three premieres, dressed up as Hermonie Granger. My interest in Harry Potter has led me to meet new friends, and feel a part of something great. I am excited for the seventh book release, but I will definatly be sad when it is all over. Harry was more to me than just a book, or a movie, Harry has changed my life. I am impressed by Rowling's imagination and thank her for her hard work. I am so glad I had a chance to be apart of the Harry Potter experience, and I feel sorry for anyone that had not given Harry a chance.
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Re: Harry came to my life at the perfect time. I was a freshm...

Tirzah--Welcome to the Harry Potter Book Club here on B&N.com! Thank you for posting your heartfelt message. I think you hit on something when you said that Harry Potter was the reason you began reading for entertainment. Many people do not read for that reason nowadays--they read for school, for work, for information, but much of society has forgotten the pleasure of reading for entertainment. These books are nothing if not entertaining, and if that's one of the many contributions they make to the world, that's not a bad one.

~ConnieK, 7 days

Tirzah wrote:
Harry came to my life at the perfect time. I was a freshman in high school, in a small town where there was never much to do, except get into trouble. One night, a good friend and I decided to see The Scorcer's Stone in the theaters. I did not know much about the movie, or the book. I decided to go along, only because there was not much else to do. During the movie, I was in total awe. Afterwards, I learned more about the books, and the writer and decided then to begin reading the series. To my surprise, the books were more amazing than the movie. That was the time I became OBSESSED with Harry. I would stay home saturday nights and just read. Harry was the reason I began reading books for entertainment. I have always been interested in fantasy, but for Harry, it was more about life. That's what drew me in to the first book. Here's a boy that is out of place in society, and does not have many friends. He feels, and knows he is different, but he is not quite sure why. This was exactly how I felt at the time I began to read theses books. As you know, Harry finds out why he is different, because he is very special and has powers he did not even knew he had. This inspired me to not care about what other people think, and believe in myself. As I read the other books, I turned into a Harry Potter nerd. I love every book, and can not get enough. I also love the movies, and went to three premieres, dressed up as Hermonie Granger. My interest in Harry Potter has led me to meet new friends, and feel a part of something great. I am excited for the seventh book release, but I will definatly be sad when it is all over. Harry was more to me than just a book, or a movie, Harry has changed my life. I am impressed by Rowling's imagination and thank her for her hard work. I am so glad I had a chance to be apart of the Harry Potter experience, and I feel sorry for anyone that had not given Harry a chance.

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Frequent Contributor
stacielynn
0 Kudos

This series did the same for me. I always knew that I had a very vivid imagination even as a child. I didn't get my first book until there were already the first 3 out. I was probably 23 or 24 when I read the first book. I was in awe and had to go rent the movie. Only HP and the Sorcer's Stone was out on film at the time. The movies are great but they don't do the books justice. I also didn't read for entertainment at the time but do now as much as I can. I love reading teen fantasy. I don't think I ever read a book until HP. Not even in school. I always used to cheat to get through reading in my english classes.

All I can say is that HP has changed my life. My kids are starting to read the books now and I can't wait to share our experiences from the books together.
StacieLynn

Why does it have to end?

JKR Please write another book series.
New User
InHonorOfRowling
0 Kudos

Hello! My name is Michaella and I as well was changed by Harry. I wrote to JK telling her what her series has done for me and to wish her thanks and to my surprise she reponded with a hand written letter. We are now pen pals hehe! I have opened a site in her honor as my way of saying thanks. The url is: http://InHonorOfRowling.com
I am currently working on a page for people just like me who have be effected by Harry and/or Jo. I was wondering if you guys would like to take part in this page? The site will be veiwed by Jo. Since Harry has helped so many people I thought it would be nice to share those heartfelt stories. I am hoping that this page might become an inspirtation for those in need and that they too will find help with in Harry. Please email me at: AngelOfMusic2992(at)hotmail(dot).com if you are interested. Thanks for sharing you stories!
Users Online
Currently online: 14 members 682 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: