Frequent Contributor
krenea1
0 Kudos

I finally did it!!!!!

I finally started the Harry Potter stories!! I was skeptical at first and also posted here sometime ago about whether the book would be enjoyed by adults. I read the first book and am currently on the second one and love them!!!! I am glad I finally started these late or not. I will have to keep my ears closed to spoilers on the last one. The rate I'm going I should have them all read pretty soon.

Thanks to all for you suggestions on this series!!!
Karen Renea

Curiosity killed the cat but satisfaction brought it back
Frequent Contributor
dcsbelle
0 Kudos

Re: I finally did it!!!!!

[ Edited ]
I'm so glad you broke down and started reading the stories--in order, too! Let us know your reactions to each book; maybe we'll be seeing you on the Ministry of Spoilers board soon! BTW, be careful of this board it's infested with spoilers about the last book.

krenea1 wrote:
I finally started the Harry Potter stories!! I was skeptical at first and also posted here sometime ago about whether the book would be enjoyed by adults. I read the first book and am currently on the second one and love them!!!! I am glad I finally started these late or not. I will have to keep my ears closed to spoilers on the last one. The rate I'm going I should have them all read pretty soon.

Message Edited by dcsbelle on 07-26-2007 04:18 PM
Debbie

Hedwig is not really dead; it was all just a big misunderstanding
Frequent Contributor
stacielynn
0 Kudos

I started the series late too. I read the first 3 books after they had already come out in paperback. I read Prisoner of Azkaban right after it first came out. I waited in line at Wal-Mart for books 5 and 6 and finally went to a Harry Potter party for the last book. I had a really good time at the party too. So did my son. I have got him reading the series now and he really enjoys reading it too. My youngest son is just coming of age to start reading chapter books and hopefully he will get addicted soon. I would love for them both to get into reading more. I love using my imagination and feel like I am right there beside the characters.

Hopefully noone spoils the books for you.
StacieLynn

Why does it have to end?

JKR Please write another book series.
Frequent Contributor
krenea1
0 Kudos

Well, I just finished the first two and started the third book last night. I've seen the first three movies (although it has been awhile) so I knida remember what happens but even knowing that the books are sooo much better then the movies (but the movies are really good too!). This world that has been created by J. K. Rowling is absolutely wonderful. The imagination of it all is SPELLbinding. :smileyhappy: I am very impressed. My niece said that I started the series at the best time because all the books are written and available to purchase but I beg to differ. I think the anticipation of the next books arrival is a huge part of it. Especially with the first two not being disappointments like some series have. The climax is built! I feel there could be a little romance coming up. I sure hope so!!
Karen Renea

Curiosity killed the cat but satisfaction brought it back
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

krenea1--Your post is a great reminder that there are still many readers out there who have yet to discover this fun series. Thanks for the reminder!

~ConnieK

krenea1 wrote:

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Users Online
Currently online:48 members 445 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: