Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Luthien
0 Kudos

The moment that set it apart...

There are a few parts of the Harry Potter series that I'll never forget my initial reaction to, and one of the most memorable to me is the moment I realized that this wasn't just going to be a good series...it was going to be a great series.

I was in 3rd grade when we saw the books on display in the mall. My mom suggested that we get the first one, because she had heard the Harry Potter books were supposed to be good. I'd heard nothing about them--I thought Harry Potter was the author, in fact--but I agreed, because I was always looking for new books to read.

I began reading Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone as soon as possible, and I liked it. It was a good book, very interesting and exciting. I could tell the series was going to be very good, but still, at that time, I didn't see it as any more than that. It was good, yes, but not so far from other good books I had read.

Then, getting closer and closer to the end, I reached the part that, for me, set it apart from the rest. Harry got to the final chamber guarding the Stone, and Quirrel was there. Right then, when Quirrel was revealed to be the bad guy working with Voldemort, I was more delighted with the book than I had been yet (I think started grinning hugely), because that shocking revelation made the book simply amazing.
Frequent Contributor
stacielynn
0 Kudos

Re: The moment that set it apart...

What book are you reading now? Are you on The Deathly Hallows? The first book really did get me excited about the series but I still think the Prisioner of Azkaban was the best so far out of the series.
StacieLynn

Why does it have to end?

JKR Please write another book series.
Users Online
Currently online: 5 members 478 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: