Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader-Moderator
agnijay
0 Kudos

What Dumbledore means to me

For me, Dumbledore is a special character. This is because he reminds me so much of my grandfather. The prescence, the glasses, how when you're around him you think "This is a man to respect." Do any of the characters mean anything significant to you?
☼☺♥ Jaya ♥☺☼

If we crawl/ Till we can walk again/ Then we'll run/ Until we're strong enough to jump/ Then we'll fly/ Until there is no end.
Frequent Contributor
stacielynn
0 Kudos

Re: What Dumbledore means to me

I really love Dumbledore but feel much closer to Harry.
StacieLynn

Why does it have to end?

JKR Please write another book series.
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

To have a grandfather like Dumbledore--how nice that must be!

~ConnieK

agnijay wrote:
For me, Dumbledore is a special character. This is because he reminds me so much of my grandfather. The prescence, the glasses, how when you're around him you think "This is a man to respect." Do any of the characters mean anything significant to you?

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
ABI
Frequent Contributor
ABI
0 Kudos

EVERYTHING!

Let's say, if i believed in a God at all, it would be Albus Dumbledore. And that's only after finishing #7. One of the reasons I'm against religion, is because all Gods seem, well, perfect. After DH, we learn DD isn't perfect at all! And I love him the better for it!
"There is nothing easier than self-deceit."
"Bombing for peace is like f***ing for virginity"
"There is no such thing as death, only the absence of life."
"There is no end, unless you let it."
Users Online
Currently online: 70 members 707 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: