Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Bibliophile
shadowcat80

Re: A favorite quote: Please add yours.

This comes from Tales of Symphonia, the main hero Lloyd Irving is asked why does he keep fighting?

"I fight for a world that nomatter if you're human, elf, or something in between that(refering to half human/half elf)  there's a home for you all" 

Help me down the crooked road. Lead me to the light. I'm not sure I know the way but with you beside me, I'm certain we'll make it through.
Frequent Contributor
CasperAZ
0 Kudos

" A man ain't worth a dime if he doesn't show up on time." -- Tiny Tim

"The NOOKcolor Aficionado"
New User
Filly14

"I don't have anger issues, I just have a problem with certain people trying to disrupt the normality of my day!"

Filly14
Distinguished Scribe
HungerGamesPerson

See my signature.

If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
Mother Teresa
For it is in giving that we receive.
Francis of Assisi

Wordsmith
Zack_Kullis

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far."
H.P. Lovecraft
There are SO many good quotes out there, but this is the first one that came to my mind.
Sic volvere Parcas...
Inspired Contributor
greengirl09
0 Kudos

This quote is from the song "Leave Out All The Rest" by Linkin Park. I love it because it was cleverly crafted and really brings a message across.

"I'm strong on the surface, but not all the way through. I've never been perfect, but neither have you."

- Alana

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I have taken the one less travelled by,
And that has made all the difference."
"The Road Not Taken" by Robert Frost
- Alana 3/18/11
Distinguished Correspondent
Shopaholic
0 Kudos

"May you build a ladder to the stars and climb on every rung.  May you stay forever young." - Bob Dylan (from the song "Forever Young")

This one makes me smile every time!

"You found the bandages inside the pen/ And the stitches on the radio." - Gaslight Anthem

Follow my blog at http://willowwriter.blogspot.com
shadowcat80

"We offered you peace, you didn't want peace, we offered you justice, you didn't want justice, you wanted a war, and by God you have a goddamn war"  Babylon 5 season 5

Help me down the crooked road. Lead me to the light. I'm not sure I know the way but with you beside me, I'm certain we'll make it through.
Darkkin

'I want adventure in the great wide somewhere...I want it more than I can tell.'  - Belle (Beauty and the Beast)

'Of wings and words and dancing milkweed seeds...'

Distinguished Wordsmith
TylerAE

[ Edited ]

"Breaking News : The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of Suck It Up & Move On and crashed into We All Have Problems before coming to a complete stop at Get Over It. Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Yapping, USA, this is Jack Wagon and to all a good night!"  

--unknown

Darkkin

[ Edited ]

'Have to try...to break from the thoughts in my mind...Have to fight 'cause I know in the end it's worth while...that the pain that I feel is not in vain...Have to stand up to be stronger.'  - Pale, Within Temptation

If there were a theme song for my life, this would have to be it...:smileyindifferent:.

Darkkin
0 Kudos

'Down and out, knocked from your feet...Bloody and winded...You've been here before...This isn't the end, they haven't taken everything from you.  Breath goes in, breath goes out...deep down, it's still there, holding, burning...Resolve, resolution...Heart...'  - The Changeling, a Chronicle of the Darkkin

Darkkin
0 Kudos

Eyes of a child, simple and wild...

Reach up so high...

Never touch the sky...

We will not be underrated.

We're gonna fight until we make it...

- Touch the Sky, the Young Dubliners

Darkkin

'We're walking in the air; we're dancing in the midnight sky...'  - Walking in the Air

Wordsmith
Kat-NE

"I took Howard to the beach once. He almost burst into flames like a vampire":  Bernadette from  

The Big Bang Theory.

Still laughing over that one!

shadowcat80

"You wanna know how to get Capone? They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. *That's* the *Chicago* way! And that's how you get Capone. Now do you want to do that? Are you ready to do that? I'm offering you a deal. Do you want this deal? "

Untouchables

Darkkin

'Did you ever walked up to the edge of a cliff, stare into the abyss as your mind wonders if you should take one more step further into that night.  Your mind says won't, but your heart says you might.  Would you fall through the dark, feel the wind in your hair.  Would you ever race the ground...ending...and then that moment you fly...'  - Epiphany

Darkkin

'Take my hand...Now, you little fool or not even Death itself will be able to set you free...Reach!  Please...Trust me...Please...'  - Dark Flower, a Chronicle of the Darkkin

Frequent Contributor
carusmm
0 Kudos

"I can feel the heat closing in, feel them out there making their moves, setting up their devil doll stool pigeons, crooning over my spoon and dropper."  William S. Burroughs, Naked Lunch

Frequent Contributor
Sleeves_Rolled_Up

'A dream of a shadow is man.'

Pindar 

The Cambridge List: a wickedly funny novel of gods, sex and death.
http://www.the-cambridge-list.blogspot.com