Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Bibliophile
shadowcat80
0 Kudos

Re: A favorite quote: Please add yours.

"Tell you what I'll do, then. I'll head out, find this girl, tell her exactly where all of you are, and then watch... as she kills you. Can't any one of your damned little Scooby club at least try to remember that I hate you all?"  Spike Buffy Vampire Slayer season 4

Help me down the crooked road. Lead me to the light. I'm not sure I know the way but with you beside me, I'm certain we'll make it through.
Wordsmith
Kat-NE

Spike (holding a box of chocolates, talking to a mannequin intended to represent Buffy): Um... there's something I got to tell you. About showing you Riley in that place. I didn't mean to... (long pause) Anyway, I know you're feeling all betrayed — by him, not me. I was trying to help, you know. Not like I made him be there, after all. Actually trying to help you. Best intentions. I mean, you know, pretty state you'd be in, thinking things are all right while he's toddling halfway round the bend. (He stares at the mannequin and starts to get increasingly angry.) Oh, I'll insult him if I want to! I'm the one who's on your side! Me! Doing you a favor! And you, being dead petty about it — me, getting nothing but your hatred and your venom and— you ungrateful bitch! Fuc— bitch!
(He loses control and smashes the box of chocolates over the mannequin's head. He then sighs, picks up the mannequin and replaces it. He rearranges the wig, picks up the box of chocolate, and tries to stuff the chocolates back in. He composes himself and faces the mannequin again. )
Spike: Buffy... there's something I want to tell you.

(Poor Spike!)
Wordsmith
Kat-NE

Jayne! The Man they call Jayne! He robbed from the rich and he gave to the poor, He stood up to the man and he gave him what for. Our love for him now, aint hard to explain, The hero of Canton, the man they call Jayne! Our Jayne saw the Mudders' backs breakin' He saw the Mudders lament And he saw the magistrate takin' Every dollar and leavin' five cents So he said, "You can't do that to my people" "You can't crush them under your heel" Jayne strapped on his hat And in five seconds flat Stole everything Boss Higgins had to steal He robbed from the rich and he gave to the poor Stood up to the Man and he gave him what for Our love for him now ain't hard to explain The Hero of Canton, the man they call Jayne Now here is what separates heroes From common folk like you and I The man they call Jayne He turned 'round his plane And let that money hit sky He dropped it onto our houses He dropped it into our yards And the man call Jayne He turned round his plane And headed out for the stars He robbed from the rich and he gave to the poor Stood up to the Man and he gave him what for Our love for him now ain't hard to explain The Hero of Canton, the man they call Jayne!

From Firefly (Sorry. It's been in my head all day! And now it will be in yours [insert evil laugh here])

Darkkin

'After all dear, what is idle prattle for?'  - Ursula, the Little Mermaid (Poor Unfortunate Souls)

OT: Ursula is one of Disney's greatest villianesses.  :smileywink:

'Of wings and words and dancing milkweed seeds...'

Wordsmith
Kat-NE
0 Kudos

Darkkin wrote:

'After all dear, what is idle prattle for?'  - Ursula, the Little Mermaid (Poor Unfortunate Souls)

Yes. I have always found her to be very disturbing. I mean really, how does an evil stepmother possibly compare to a psychotic creature with eight tentacles (with suction cups on them no less[hee, hee] :smileysurprised:) and electric eels to do her bidding?

Distinguished Wordsmith
Fleetfoot
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Kat-NE wrote:

Darkkin wrote:

Yes. I have always found her to be very disturbing. I mean really, how does an evil stepmother possibly compare to a psychotic creature with eight tentacles (with suction cups on them no less[hee, hee] :smileysurprised:) and electric eels to do her bidding?

Vampyrotoothous, the scientific name of the Vampire Squid, which is one of the deepest dwelling species on the planet, has barbs in its suction cups.  Who do you think would win in a showdown between the two?

'Posted: Do not feed the Trolls, not even reindeer flattened fruitcake...Feeding of Trolls will result in gnome revolts, gremlin induced chaos, and other strangeness...' - Darkkin, the Tedious
Wordsmith
Kat-NE
0 Kudos

Well . . . that depends. Can this Vampywhoawhatsit sing :smileytongue:?

shadowcat80
0 Kudos

shadowcat80 wrote:

"Tell you what I'll do, then. I'll head out, find this girl, tell her exactly where all of you are, and then watch... as she kills you. Can't any one of your damned little Scooby club at least try to remember that I hate you all?"  Spike Buffy Vampire Slayer season 4

Just a bit background on this quote the girl he's talking about is Faith which is the evil slayer.

Help me down the crooked road. Lead me to the light. I'm not sure I know the way but with you beside me, I'm certain we'll make it through.
Wordsmith
Kat-NE
0 Kudos

Some Star Wars for ya (I can't help that it has been on all weekend and is now stuck in my brain!):

Luke: Vader's on that ship.
Han Solo: Now don't get jittery, Luke. There are a lot of command ships. Keep your distance, though, Chewie, but don't *look* like you're trying to keeping your distance.
[Chewie barks a question]
Han Solo: *I* don't know. Fly casual.

Han Solo: I think my eyes are getting better. Instead of a big dark blur, I see a big light blur.
Luke: There's nothing to see. I used to live here, you know.
Han Solo: You're going to die here, you know. Convenient.

Luke: As a token of my goodwill, I present to you a gift: these two droids.

C3: What did he say?

Luke: Both are hard-working and will serve you well.

C3: This can't be. R2, you're playing the wrong message!

[a tremor knocks Leia into Solo's arms]
Princess Leia: Let go.
Han Solo: Shh.
Princess Leia: Let go, please.
Han Solo: Don't get excited.
Princess Leia: Captain, being held by you isn't quite enough to get me excited.
Han Solo: Sorry sweetheart. I haven't got time for anything else.

shadowcat80
0 Kudos

"It's a wonderful crazy
It's a beautiful out of control
Kinda scary amazing
But I don't really mind at all
It's like I'm falling, flying, laughing, crying
Hanging on and letting go
'Cause my life's so wonderful crazy"

Wonderful Crazy by Katelyn Tarver

Wordsmith
Kat-NE
0 Kudos

I thought it fitting, it being our last week, to bring up an old favorite and allow everyone (new and old memebers) to post their favorite quotes. I will of course add some more myself:

From Sherlock on BBC:

Irene Adler: Brainy's the new sexy.

Sherlock Holmes: [on the phone] Lestrade? We've had a break-in at Baker Street. Send you least irritating officers and an ambulance... Oh, no no no no no, we're fine. No, it's the burglar. He's got himself rather badly injured... Oh, a few broken ribs, fractured skull, suspected punctured lung. He fell out a window.

Lestrade: And exactly how many times did he fall out a window?
Sherlock Holmes: Oh, it's all a bit of a blur, detective. I lost count.

Sherlock Holmes: Punch me in the face!
Dr. John Watson: Punch you?
Sherlock Holmes: Yes, punch me in the face! Didn't you hear me?
Dr. John Watson: I always hear "Punch me in the face" when you're speaking but it's usually subtext

Watson: You told me once that you weren’t a hero… um.. there were times I didn’t even think you were human, but, let me tell you this: you were the best man and human… human being I’ve ever known, and no-one will ever convince me that you told me a lie, that’s… uh. There.

I was so alone, and I owe you so much.

Look, please, there’s just one more thing, one more thing, one more miracle, Sherlock, for me. Don’t. Be. Dead. Would you do that, just for me, just… stop it. Stop this!

From Game of Thrones:

Tyrion: Those are brave men knocking at our door. Let's go kill them!

All-time favorite quote (I have the t-shirt to prove it :smileyvery-happy:):

Jayne from Firefly: You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin' command here.

Darkkin

'I'm a quote!  A quote!  And I even I don't know what I'm talking about...How awesome is this!'  - Darkkin, the Tedious

'Of wings and words and dancing milkweed seeds...'