Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Wordsmith
CaLaMiTyPLeAsE
0 Kudos

Re: Add on and make it interesting

As I drove out of the parking lot, i felt myself getting more and more nervous. I hadnt seen Carenn at all the rest of the day, but that was normal. She was always doing after school projects and practices. I had also heard that she was royally furious with Arron. But that didnt exactly mean she wouldnt go with him. And who know maybe he wasnt even the guy who asked her. Maybe he was just plainning on asking Carenn, and got mad that i beat him to the punch. there might be another guy who had asked her. I was completely at a loss. "Would you quit you're worrying?" Maison sighed from the passenger seat. I looked over at him and he was texting insanely fast on his new phone that i'd gottne him for his birthday. I thought of a subject change quickly. "SO who are YOU taking to the dance?"
step through my looking glass at calamityplease.blogspot.com and it'd be ever so thoughtful and kind of you to follow me. :smileywink: Also I have a new contests of sorts on said blog concerning THE VAMPIRE ACADEMY by Richelle Mead. So check it out.
Inspired Contributor
aidyn_loves_miguel

He rolled his eyes and chuckled. "You know, even though most of the time the guys are supposed to ask the girls, the girls sure seem to bypass that unwritten law with me. I've had three girls ask me already." He went back to texting. I took my eyes off the oad just long enough to see what the contact name was of the girl he was talking to. It said "Andie Daniels." I was surpised. Andie was, to put it nicely, not the most popula girl around. She was pretty, sure, with her brown curls and deep brown eyes. But, well, she spends most of her time with books. I raised an eyebrow as I tuned my eyes back to the road.

My expression hadn't changed much after he finished sending the message and turned to me. "What?!" he exclaimed.

Dang sorry molli. gotta get ready for church.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cuz I gotta couple dents in my fender. Gotta couple rips in my jeans. Try to fit the pieces together, but perfection is my enemy! On my own i'm so clumsy, but on your shoulders i can see... I'm free to be me!- Francesca Battistelli
Wordsmith
CaLaMiTyPLeAsE
0 Kudos

"Nothing! It's just that girls not the most popular girl ever...."

"So? he asked me, confused." I furrowed my brow. Maison wasnt the kind of person to talk to someone uninteresting.

"are you thinking about taking her to the dance?" I asked.

he thought for a second. "Maybe, she's actually pretty cool. but then again that head cheerleader girl asked me....." he trailed off.

"Do you even know her last name?" I questioned.

"Pssh. No! HOw could i? they dont print last names on their jackets." HE went back to texting furiously now, with some other chick.

i rolled my eyes and gripped the steering wheel. All of a sudden my phone started riging. I panicked and looked at the screen without picking it up, and sighed. IT was just my brother. i answered it. "What?"

"Hey just saying i won't be home for a couple of days, doing some stuff." he slured his words obviously. i knew he was jsut partying.

"Great." i said ad clicked the end button.

step through my looking glass at calamityplease.blogspot.com and it'd be ever so thoughtful and kind of you to follow me. :smileywink: Also I have a new contests of sorts on said blog concerning THE VAMPIRE ACADEMY by Richelle Mead. So check it out.
Wordsmith
CaLaMiTyPLeAsE
0 Kudos

'What is it now?' Maison asked, still texting, now to some chick labeled as 'Emily Beast'. i knew her she was on the soccer team.

"My brother won't be home for a few days, probably until monday." i said, remembering how he parties all weekend.

Masions jaw dropped, and by some miracle, he stopped texting for three whole seconds. "Jairen! Do you know what this means!!?!!???"

"Ummm.....no." i replied.

"It means Dance after-party!!!!!!!"

Wordsmith
CaLaMiTyPLeAsE
0 Kudos

"What? NO!" i shook my head. I was not letting Maison talk me into this one. I knew how he liked to party, and my parents home could not withstand that kind of....trauma.

"Why not?" He asked in his whiny voice. "Think about it Jairen! After the dance, everyone at your place! YOU'll get some alone time with Carenn. I'LL get some alone time with-" "EVERYONE!" I cut in, laughing. HE laughed to but i saw the look in his eyes that meant it was the truth.

"Okay....maybe."

"YES!!" He cheered and rolled the sunroof down. he stuck his head out of the top and yelled at the top of his lungs: "ATTENTION STUDENTS OF LMS HIGH SCHOOL, AFTER PARY ON HALLOWEEN AT JAIRENS HOUSE!!"

"what are you doing?" i screamed, pulling him down back into his seat. "NOt only are you going to get me a ticket, but i didnt even say yes yet."

He grined at me in his bff face. "Yea but you were going to. time is money, Jai!!" and with that we were silenced by the loud continuous ringing of boith of our cells with texts of party details. i groaned. great.

Inspired Contributor
aidyn_loves_miguel
0 Kudos

I tried to look very aggrivated driving home, but I knew i couldn't hide my smile for very long. Maison was right, I would get plenty of alone time with Carenn. I don't know about her, but I'd definately like a chance for us to be alone.

As we pulled into thedriveway I tuned to Maison saying, "Okay, so maybe I don't mind so much, but you definately are going to have to help me. I don't know the first thing about thowing a party." He snickered and answered, "Yeah BRO! You are so not going to regret this! I'll definately help! You're going to need it. With your luck you'll set up spin the tail on the donkey and pass out kool-aid as drinks."

We both laughed, but I knew he was right. I hadn't had a paty of any kind since my first grade birthday party. I'd invited evey person in my first grade class. My brother was in fourth grade. He thought it'd be funny to get the "little kids" to play spin the bottle. My brother made it to where I had to kiss a boy. I never ever had another party after that. I was the laughing stock of the entire school for two years.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cuz I gotta couple dents in my fender. Gotta couple rips in my jeans. Try to fit the pieces together, but perfection is my enemy! On my own i'm so clumsy, but on your shoulders i can see... I'm free to be me!- Francesca Battistelli
Wordsmith
CaLaMiTyPLeAsE
0 Kudos

OH MARY POPINS THAT WAS FRICKEN HILARIOUS P.J.!! like seriously ROTFL!!!

As me and Maison walked into my house, he was already rambling about ideas for the party. And that's when it happened. My phone rang. My heart stopped beating. I reached for my cell phone automatically and realized it was my home phone that was ringing. THat had to be Carenn, she was the only one who called my house. Maison and i looked at eachother for a split second and i charged for the phone. i knew what was coming, Maison and his 'sense of humor'. i hopped over couches and tables, and over the bar, but Maison was too fast for me. Being the star on the soccer team AND the football team, AND well everything else our school had to offer. HE grabbed the phone and answered it in a french accent. "Bonjour!" He spoke. Pause. "Oui, mademoiselle, Jairen is here." Pause. "Of couse you can talk to him Mon Cherie!

Wordsmith
CaLaMiTyPLeAsE
0 Kudos

aw man i miss this P.J. im gonna add on later  when i have time!!
Wordsmith
CaLaMiTyPLeAsE
0 Kudos

Maison sniggered at me and passed the phone into my shaking hands. "Hello?" i said into the phone, hoping i wouldnt puke.

"Jairen? It's Carenn." she said on the other end, sounding strangely nervous.

"Oh..hi Care!"

"Umm, i was just gonna tell you....that i'd like to go to the dance with you."

YES! i mentally rejoiced. i flashed Maison a huge grin, he was in my kitchen clutching a football. when he saw my smie he spiked the ball down and stared his what he called his 'touch down dance'.

Distinguished Correspondent
BLUEICEGAL
0 Kudos

hey i hope u dont mind me joining and clam i think its adorable that your writing a story for your future son

i was just about to put the phone down when it came to me

"hey carenn theres something i wanna ask you" i said feeling slightly nervous

"yh go ahead" we were both quite and i new she was probs as nervous as me, but i was overeacting all i had to do was ask

"im throwin a party at my house, you wanna come?" i asked hopeing there wasnt any hint of desperation in my voice

"really"

"yeh really" i laughed to myself

"you know you should laugh more often jairen..... you always seem so serious in school" she said soflty, why did this conversation seem so intimate all of a sudden, but she was right i was serious, if i acted happy or was in a good mood, people like Aaron would just feed on it and bring me down even more, it was just easier to let the anger take over and put on a front

"i guess thats just not me you know" i trailed of not really knwoing what to say, i could have laughed it of, made a joke outa it, but my heart wasnt in it

"guess not" she replied we were both quite once more... but it ddint feel so bad... more of a familliar scilence between us two, and hopefully if we got to know each other thered be many more to follow

"i gotta go carren" 

"ill see you soon okay?" she said softly

"yh sure" i replied puting the phone down with a sigh

"wow bro what was all that about, and since when did you get the guts to call her over to your house?" said maison with a curious stare

"whatever man" i replied making my way upstairs sometimes his lack of faith really pissed me of

Wanna know the awesomeness that is moi??? movies, artists, gossip and the latest reviews of your fav books not to mention my upcoming twilight parody that i am currently working on is all here folks!! @ My Blog Fantasy4eva spread the word girls :smileyhappy:
Fantasy4eva