Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
ToriSky16
0 Kudos

Another Poem

I don't like this one as well as the others, so please let me know what you all think. Thanks again! 

Like A Wrecking Ball

Bleeding hearts seeping from the mind

Blood trickling through your thoughts

The mind shuts down, but the thoughts never cease

She draws you in like a moth to a flame

Your thoughts know better

Yet you can’t pull away

Surrounded by life and laughter

Though she hides behind the mask

You know you should pull away, but the harder you fight, the harder you fall

She touches you with her fingers

You shutter and shatter

She is all wrong

She is all right

The pain boils beneath the surface like a volcano waiting to erupt

She sees right through you

She feels no remorse

It is her life to live

She will as she wants

Your heart is breaking more each day

You must escape this vicious circle

The pattern will never change

The pain must cease, the heart must heal

Something must be done

You find the strength to sever

Seize your life

Scribe
redheart52
0 Kudos

Re: Another Poem

I liked it. But the line that starts "You know you should pull away, but the harder you fight, the harder you fall." Its kind of really long and doesn't fit when you say it as it is in one line and maybe you should either cut down the line or move some of it to the next line. Something els i noticed is you don't use alot of punctuation. Commas and periods can work wonders with poetry it could make it flow better. Those are just some of my thoughts but you did a very good job. I like the way you write it is so deep and meaningful.
Contributor
ToriSky16
0 Kudos

Re: Another Poem

I agree. I split it up and it does sound much better. I was really tired when I wrote this one. With the punctuation, I just don't want to end up having a comma or period after every line, it just seems like a bit much. I think you can get it without all that, but maybe that's just me. Thanks a bunch for the advice, I appreciate it. I can use all the feedback I can get!