Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reply
Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
Posts: 2,590
Registered: ‎04-21-2011
0 Kudos

Re: Coffee Shop

Yeah I'm playing hop a long too. I'm on vacation going home tomarrow :smileyhappy: so chat more them. Have fun everyone and I'll see who can post the latest maybe they get a shiny sticker!:smileyvery-happy:
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Book Sharks: No need to breathe, just read!
Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
Posts: 2,590
Registered: ‎04-21-2011
0 Kudos

Re: Coffee Shop

Hellooooo? Me back anyone here? Peek a boo
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Book Sharks: No need to breathe, just read!
Distinguished Wordsmith
Fleetfoot
Posts: 495
Registered: ‎05-14-2011

Re: Coffee Shop

[ Edited ]

Interesting Happening of the Day:  My cat, in an attempt to tell me that she need her water bowl refilled, jumped into the bathroom sink and rolled over onto her back, tummy in the air, just as I was spitting out a mouthful of toothpaste...I am still feeling the burn of the feline death glare she leveled at me...LOL.

'Posted: Do not feed the Trolls, not even reindeer flattened fruitcake...Feeding of Trolls will result in gnome revolts, gremlin induced chaos, and other strangeness...' - Darkkin, the Tedious
Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
Posts: 2,590
Registered: ‎04-21-2011
0 Kudos

Re: Coffee Shop

Heehee I can see my cat Mason doing the same. He likes to catch birds and let them go in the grarge so its up to m to catch te freaked out bird bare handed and take it to freedom.
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Book Sharks: No need to breathe, just read!
Contributor
tiffany_731
Posts: 12
Registered: ‎07-15-2011
0 Kudos

Re: Free Time

Haha, my cat is really lazy! :smileyvery-happy:

 

What does everyone like to do in their free time?

Live life for tomorrow.
Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
Posts: 2,590
Registered: ‎04-21-2011
0 Kudos

Re: Free Time

Write or tend my chickens and turkeys come here. Thats really all I got time for.
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Book Sharks: No need to breathe, just read!
Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
Posts: 2,590
Registered: ‎04-21-2011
0 Kudos

Re: Free Time

Hello?? XR? ........AAAAAAAAH!!! BOOOOO!!!!! Anybody? fine.
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Book Sharks: No need to breathe, just read!
Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
Posts: 2,590
Registered: ‎04-21-2011
0 Kudos

Re: Coffee Shop

Yaaaaaaaay HK is back!!!!!!!!!!!
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Book Sharks: No need to breathe, just read!
Wordsmith
Kat-NE
Posts: 1,349
Registered: ‎04-22-2009
0 Kudos

Re: Coffee Shop

So . . . just got back from Harry Potter. I don't want to say that I'm let down (it just hurts my head). I think I just expected a lot out of it.  I won't give my final verdict until I see it again.

 

I didn't even cry and I'm sad about that! I was supposed to cry! I cried about Hedwig and Dobby for Castiel's sake!!!

 

My favorite parts were cut (of course) and their were very few lines from the book (Not counting King's Cross scene). I think the only time I really teared up was when it involved Snape. Also, it felt very quietly British (if ya know what I mean. No offense to any Brits.) and while I like British humor, I felt a lack of emotion.

 

So sad :smileysad:.

Contributor
tiffany_731
Posts: 12
Registered: ‎07-15-2011
0 Kudos

Re: Coffee Shop

Kat-NE,

I'm sorry the movie was such a disappointment! Movies are pretty different from the books. :smileysad:

Live life for tomorrow.
Distinguished Bibliophile
Darkkin
Posts: 2,224
Registered: ‎08-15-2009
0 Kudos

Re: Coffee Shop


Kat-NE wrote:

So . . . just got back from Harry Potter. I don't want to say that I'm let down (it just hurts my head). I think I just expected a lot out of it.  I won't give my final verdict until I see it again.

 

I didn't even cry and I'm sad about that! I was supposed to cry! I cried about Hedwig and Dobby for Castiel's sake!!!

 

My favorite parts were cut (of course) and their were very few lines from the book (Not counting King's Cross scene). I think the only time I really teared up was when it involved Snape. Also, it felt very quietly British (if ya know what I mean. No offense to any Brits.) and while I like British humor, I felt a lack of emotion.

 

So sad :smileysad:.


I blame my Gael blood, but I loved HPDH: II; it flowed so much more smoothly than P:I.  Several of my friends are still out on an opinion, but I wasn't disappointed.  The movie actually made you look inward to your own emotions, more than an overt display...In essence, it was very British. (Cue off tangent segue...). I guess this is what happens when you're subjected to Pride and Prejudice, the original BBC version from the 1980's, whilst still in kindergarten, (It turned me into a diehard British Literature Freak..).  My sister calls me The Professor for a reason, claiming I'm more British than American...I admit to being a Chucklehead...:smileyvery-happy:

'Of wings and words and dancing milkweed seeds...'

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
Posts: 2,590
Registered: ‎04-21-2011
0 Kudos

Re: Coffee Shop

Sorry but I didn''t tell ye to see it.
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Book Sharks: No need to breathe, just read!
Distinguished Scribe
tiffany57
Posts: 763
Registered: ‎08-20-2009

Re: Coffee Shop

*screams*

Hello everyone! I know it has been FOREVER since I have been on B&N and I'm so mad at myself for it. I see that there is a lot more users on. :smileyhappy: But... Some of the "older" users are not. :smileysad:

 

For everyone else that doesn't know me, my name is Tiffany and I am going to be a freshman this fall. And Tiffany_731: We both have the same name and I looked at your profile. We are both the same age. That's really cool. :smileyvery-happy:

 

Don't worry guys, I won't randomly disappear again! I'm here to stay!

If there is a book you really want to read but it hasn't been written yet, you must write it. -Toni Morrison
Wordsmith
Kat-NE
Posts: 1,349
Registered: ‎04-22-2009
0 Kudos

Re: Coffee Shop


tiffany57 wrote:

*screams*

Hello everyone! I know it has been FOREVER since I have been on B&N and I'm so mad at myself for it. I see that there is a lot more users on. :smileyhappy: But... Some of the "older" users are not. :smileysad:

 

For everyone else that doesn't know me, my name is Tiffany and I am going to be a freshman this fall. And Tiffany_731: We both have the same name and I looked at your profile. We are both the same age. That's really cool. :smileyvery-happy:

 

Don't worry guys, I won't randomly disappear again! I'm here to stay!



Hey Tiffany! How have you been :smileyvery-happy:?

Distinguished Scribe
tiffany57
Posts: 763
Registered: ‎08-20-2009
0 Kudos

Re: Coffee Shop

[ Edited ]

Kat-NE wrote:

tiffany57 wrote:

*screams*

Hello everyone! I know it has been FOREVER since I have been on B&N and I'm so mad at myself for it. I see that there is a lot more users on. :smileyhappy: But... Some of the "older" users are not. :smileysad:

 

For everyone else that doesn't know me, my name is Tiffany and I am going to be a freshman this fall. And Tiffany_731: We both have the same name and I looked at your profile. We are both the same age. That's really cool. :smileyvery-happy:

 

Don't worry guys, I won't randomly disappear again! I'm here to stay!



Hey Tiffany! How have you been :smileyvery-happy:?



Hi! Thanks for asking! :smileyhappy:

I've been pretty good, but busy. High school starts this fall and (Yes, I'll admit it) I'm nervous for what it is going to be like. :smileysurprised: My writing hasn't been to well (as normal). I'm telling you... I hate writers block so much!

On a higher note, :smileyvery-happy: I'm really glad to be back on B&N. I've missed everyone here and I know this is a community that I will always count on. (:

How have you been?

If there is a book you really want to read but it hasn't been written yet, you must write it. -Toni Morrison
Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
Posts: 2,590
Registered: ‎04-21-2011
0 Kudos

Re: Coffee Shop

HI tiffany57!!! I''m GS for short and I'm a newbe. Good to see more members!! I'm glad to meet you!! :smileywink:
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Book Sharks: No need to breathe, just read!
Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
Posts: 2,590
Registered: ‎04-21-2011
0 Kudos

Re: Coffee Shop

[ Edited ]
Hi tiffany57 again..... me wonderd you age? Me 19. And me old rock like AC/DC or Black Sabbath. This one likes randomness and makeing new friends!:smileyhappy: So do you like horseratish? I don't care to much for it.
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Book Sharks: No need to breathe, just read!
Wordsmith
Kat-NE
Posts: 1,349
Registered: ‎04-22-2009
0 Kudos

Re: Coffee Shop

Okay, so I've seen Harry Potter for the second time and will now give my final opinion. (Yes, I've seen it twice in two days, let it go :smileytongue:.) I found the second time to be much better. I think I was just ready to be blown away and then none of it was there (Sigh). But, taking what was there into account, I found it to be enjoyable and pretty faithful (I guess). I still can't get over some things though. Don't worry. I'm not going to start a rant about that. One funny thing did happen: my mom (who went with me this time) thought that the whole Snape thing was about Snape being Harry's father, which he's not. (Ohhh, I laughed soooo hard!) I guess some of it was hard to understand when you haven't read the books :smileyvery-happy:!

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
Posts: 2,590
Registered: ‎04-21-2011
0 Kudos

Re: Coffee Shop

Aaah you guys aren't going to leave me alone with Kat are you? Oh well at least we get along ............
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Book Sharks: No need to breathe, just read!
Wordsmith
Kat-NE
Posts: 1,349
Registered: ‎04-22-2009
0 Kudos

Re: Coffee Shop


GS2991 wrote:
Aaah you guys aren't going to leave me alone with Kat are you? Oh well at least we get along ............


Hey now! Watch it, or I'll leave and you'll have to talk to yourself :smileytongue:. Don't think I won't do it . . .