Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Re: Coffee Shop: Off Topic in the Writing Room

[ Edited ]
I also got called "sir" twice today. I guess my camo pants, FOX T-shirt and a black and green hat doesn't say "girl". Maybe I do need to work on my wardrobe. :smileyvery-happy:. Have a great weekend every one!!! Hope you all have a blast!
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Book Sharks: No need to breathe, just read!
Distinguished Bibliophile
shadowcat80
0 Kudos

A couple suggestions, first I have seen camo that comes in pink, second if you wear visor instead of a ball cap, third on ocassion I wear a skirt or dress.
Help me down the crooked road. Lead me to the light. I'm not sure I know the way but with you beside me, I'm certain we'll make it through.
Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

(Yaaay my nook is online) hahaheehee heh. Uh yes that would work thank you. But that where. . I'm. . . . different. I hate pink or purple never did like them. And a dress? Or skirt? Haha. Good luck seeing me in that. My grandmother told dad Long ago I think bout 2or3. She said "You got cheated. You didn't get a girl. " so I've always been the same. She was happy about a girl all she has for grand kids are boys I'm the only girl. Ams she gets mehahaha. hmmm. What a bout dark blue pants and a white shirt that sais"Bite Me" on it. Do you think thats any girlier than camo? I really slack in the fasion department.
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Distinguished Correspondent
Shopaholic
0 Kudos

Haha! "Bite me" is as far away from girly as you can get, but it's pretty funny! My favorite t-shirt is from Cafe Press. It's navy blue and says "Write On". Perfect for me - an aspiring writer and a throwback to the 60s and 70s. I get a lot of compliments on it too!
"You found the bandages inside the pen/ And the stitches on the radio." - Gaslight Anthem

Follow my blog at http://willowwriter.blogspot.com
Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Oh uh what about my tan Holiday World shirt? I wish I had a shirt like yours hmmm well I do have some fabric paint . . .
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Wordsmith
Jefferson_Thomas
0 Kudos

There's a T-shirt that says, "So many books; so little time!"

Jeff

Wordsmith
Kat-NE
0 Kudos

I wouldn't worry about it. I get called sir all the time. It's my work uniform (at least, that's what I tell myself).

Dilema of the day: Clean the house again (how it got so trashed sooo quickly, I'll never understand) or have a Firefly marathon plus Serenity. Decisions, decisions :smileyvery-happy:.

I guess I could watch them another day. I don't think I can sit in the house in it's current condition! Any volunteers (Looking around hopefully)?

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

I'll watch Firefly with ya!! :smileyvery-happy:. In other news: had 4 left over drunk people this morning. Still drinking! Wow.
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Wordsmith
Kat-NE
0 Kudos

@TylerAE and for all those who do watch Castle and just won't admit it (You know who you are):

There is a Castle marathon Sept. 15, on TNT. It starts at 2:00 p.m. That's 2:00 my time, though. I don't know why it would be on TNT, but unless my TiVo is lying . . . .

Also, this is for anyone who got sucked into the R.L. Stine/Goosebumps discussion awhile back: The Goosebumps episode, "The Haunted Mask," popped up in my TiVo Suggestions. That's just too funny. Too bad I don't get the channel HUB, whatever that is supposed to stand for.

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Heehee. Your watchen Goosebumps? Guess me watch a blank tv all day. Great show! Its about a tempermental converter that throws a temper and quits working. Then I'm stuck with white noise. Awsome! I bet it gos on to win an award for best headache causing tv show! Its action pacted!!
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Wordsmith
Kat-NE
0 Kudos

GS2991 wrote:
Heehee. Your watchen Goosebumps? Guess me watch a blank tv all day. Great show! Its about a tempermental converter that throws a temper and quits working. Then I'm stuck with white noise. Awsome! I bet it gos on to win an award for best headache causing tv show! Its action pacted!!

Sounds . . . thrilling :smileytongue:. And I never said I was watching Goosebumps. I said my TiVo is going to tape it because it thinks I want to watch it. Me and the TiVo do not often agree on it's suggestions for me. I couldn't watch either way, because I don't get that channel. I don't know what I'm going to do. I can't even motivate myself to go get Firefly so that I can watch it, much less go clean the house! And I'm cold (kind of random point, but it's not helping my any!).

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

So your watching Goosebumps on DVD?
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Wordsmith
Kat-NE
0 Kudos

GS2991 wrote:
So your watching Goosebumps on DVD?

@GS2991: :smileymad::smileytongue:

In other news: The B&N people are being mean again. They won't let me change my avatar! It was a fight between the penguin, the meerkat, and the llama. I decided that the penguin was too in your face, aggressive and the llama just looks so very snobby and thinks it's better than everyone else. I think that the meerkat has just the right balance of curious, yet confused look I'm going for, but I can't change it! I am sad :smileysad:.

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

So now your watching meerkat manor? Hey I like that show too!!
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Wordsmith
Kat-NE
0 Kudos

I'm not above using my telepathic/telekinetic powers to smack you on the side of the head :smileyvery-happy:. Distance means nothing!

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
X-MEN yeeesss that is a great movie! So which one are you watching? WW smack down? No I don't really watch that. Man you sure fly threw all the shows. Did you like the Goosebumps?
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Wordsmith
Kat-NE
0 Kudos

Well, what do ya know: You've inspired me to go clean my house now. Thanks G! Later.

P.S.: (Closing my eyes, concentrating, envisioning my hand pulling back, can see a head  . . . SMACK!!!) Did ya feel that, G :smileyvery-happy:?

Wordsmith
Kat-NE
0 Kudos

Well, my cleaning time turned into nap time, so . . . not as productive as I would have like to have been. At least I'm not freezing anymore :smileyvery-happy:. I started laundry now that I'm up, so at least I'm sort of moving. Now, I'll need help folding, so Darkkin if you would be so kind to start playing music about an hour from now, that would be helpful :smileywink:. Thanks in advance.

Distinguished Bibliophile
Darkkin
0 Kudos

The X Files...Watching them, I am.

'Of wings and words and dancing milkweed seeds...'

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Ouch! Hey! That tickled! Ooo X-Files. A great show! Well I'm frozen now yesterday a record heat. Today burrrr 100 to 64. Thats our weather for you! Had more fun at tonights party. A younger crowd. And not as loud. I would have stayed but I was really cold. I don't take well to the cold.
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.