Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader 4
Seniram
0 Kudos

Re: Coffee Shop

Miss K, being a rescue cat that had nearly gone feral, would publish her song on an Indy label and call it "I Love Just About Everybody, but Have Nothing but Disdain for the Man That Lives With My Mother".  If it had to be a real song, "Tainted Love" by Soft Cell.

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Welcome to the board!! My cat Mason would have the Mission Impossible theme song. I never know where he is or what he has in his mouth.
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Book Sharks: No need to breathe, just read!
Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Hello? Any others? . . . Ok I see. Late night in a party? Anybody up yet?
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Distinguished Wordsmith
TylerAE
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

The Train has departed yet again...

Distinguished Bibliophile
Darkkin
0 Kudos

Lily and the Luxeberry White Enamel...Coming soon...

'Of wings and words and dancing milkweed seeds...'

Wordsmith
Jefferson_Thomas
0 Kudos

OK, 'fess up -- who else is already sneaking the candy you're supposed to give out Monday night? :smileyhappy:

Jeff

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

I just watched The Exorcist . . . unrated . . . The version you've ever seen . . . Yeah just a little creeped out.
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Watched the sunrise. Pretty red sun and a purple pink sky. I like my bed by my East window hee hee hee. Anybody here? What do you favor? Sunrise or sunset?
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Distinguished Wordsmith
TylerAE

[ Edited ]

The Train of the Forgiven  

I've scraped together a collection of poems, including The Train of the Forgiven.

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Alright! Great! I'll be hunting for it! I guess I should get working on my short storys.
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Getting ready to watch a Mel Brooks film "Young Frankenstein" hee hee. I love this movie. Its great! Who all has seen it?
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Wordsmith
Jefferson_Thomas

I have!  Loved it!  "That's 'FRONK-ne-steen'."  :smileyhappy:

Jeff

Wordsmith
Jefferson_Thomas
0 Kudos

GS2991 wrote:
I just watched The Exorcist . . . unrated . . . The version you've ever seen . . . Yeah just a little creeped out.

Wow, I didn't know there WAS an unrated version!  I'll be looking for it!

Jeff

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Yeah it got extended in 2000 I think. And uh its uh disterbed. "The Exorcist : the verson you've never seen." Thats on the DVD cover. Watching the extras I guess they wouldn't let you in the theater unless you were with a adult. Its rather knarly. Oops ok. Corection. Its extended but not unrated. I was told that it was. Guess I should have read the cover. I'm sorry.
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
"Well they were wrong then weren't they?" :smileyvery-happy:
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

I have found writing creepy stuff is fun. After I got over the dolls. Those things really freak me out! A lot! As long as they don't touch me or look at me. My great grandma had a room of nothing but dolls. *shivers* she always tried to give me one. But I'd never touch it. Ugg creepy memory! . So yeah I no like Chucky.
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Wordsmith
Jefferson_Thomas
0 Kudos

GS2991 wrote:
Yeah it got extended in 2000 I think. And uh its uh disterbed. "The Exorcist : the verson you've never seen." Thats on the DVD cover. Watching the extras I guess they wouldn't let you in the theater unless you were with a adult. Its rather knarly. Oops ok. Corection. Its extended but not unrated. I was told that it was. Guess I should have read the cover. I'm sorry.

I'm such a knucklehead -- you'll laugh:  I go to add the extended version to my Netflix queue -- you guessed it; it's already there!! :smileyvery-happy:   Ya know, sometimes watching myself turning into a forgetful old fogey is not QUITE as much fun as it sounds!  :smileyvery-happy:

Jeff  

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Heh hee hee haha. *cough* ahem. Hey you have it though! Hmmm how about Kelly's Heros? Haha guess the character I like. Hahaha.
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I found one of my favorite radio chats! Tell me whatcha think!  Glenn Beck: Beware of... eleven? These guys are sarcastic.

Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

*shivers* Wal-mart people at Halloween. Ahhhhhh!:smileysurprised:

Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.