Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Wordsmith
Kat-NE

Re: Coffee Shop: Off Topic in the Writing Room

GS2991 wrote:
I can't beleve we have been talking all day. And maybe I shoud be writing too but I think your right its a sunday thing well when your story is done I'll read it for now I will finish my movie and get eggs if my cats haven't beat me to it.

I hope the cats didn't get the eggs!!!

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

If they get past my big tom (bubu) they will. And See what I mean my nook browser is so slow my last post was beat by two others!!! And yes UFO are out there !!
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Book Sharks: No need to breathe, just read!
Wordsmith
Kat-NE

You're right. They are out there. Within the last hour, my landline phones stopped working and the refrigerator turned off. Everything else is working! I think they are sending a warning. Maybe we shouldn't discuss them anymore . . .

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991

Hey I got my eggs the cats have been sleeping allday on top the pen that houses the baby turkeys if it wasn' t for all the dead mice over time they would be scolded. But I think they would do it anyway after they steal the eggs in a revenge plot against me. Hum.. feel free to take that and make it into a story. :smileywink:
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Wordsmith
Kat-NE

Hmmm . . .

Yes, I can see it now. It's a cross between Animal Farm and the movie Cats & Dogs. I'll have to get started on that when I get time. Posting my story now.

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Well any superstitions?:smileywink:
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

I don't like #13 its creepy ;(
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Distinguished Bibliophile
shadowcat80
0 Kudos

GS2991 wrote:
I don't like #13 its creepy ;(

watched too many Jason movies?

Help me down the crooked road. Lead me to the light. I'm not sure I know the way but with you beside me, I'm certain we'll make it through.
Wordsmith
Kat-NE

It grieves me even to write it here.

I think that is the only one I'm really bad about. I do get a little anxious when I see anyone open an umbrella indoors, though.

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Waking at 3:13am freaks me out!
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
No I haven't seen any Jason movies yet.
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
What is the worst movie you ever seen? Open water was the worst I seen. Note to self: never volunteer for grandmas movies EVER!!!!
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Wordsmith
Kat-NE

GS2991 wrote:
Anybody there?.....BOO! :smileyhappy:

Wow. You must be as bored as I am! Watching the Billboard Music Awards. Not really "blown away" by anything yet.

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991

[ Edited ]
Haha wow yes I'm watching my nook load!!! Riveting!!!! Wish I had a ant farm so I could have something to terrorize! Hahahahahehe!!!
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Phobias? I hate spiders!!!!
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Wordsmith
Kat-NE

GS2991 wrote:
What is the worst movie you ever seen? Open water was the worst I seen. Note to self: never volunteer for grandmas movies EVER!!!!

Worst movie as in scary or just terrible?

For the scary: The Strangers, followed very closely by Paranormal Activity (for the last 1/2 hour)

For the terrible: Valentine's Day is the only one coming to me. I mean really, give your all-star cast something challenging and well written.

P.S.: What happens in grandma's movies?

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Omg I hope thats not a movie! No I ment going to my grandmothers I was warned and now I will never get that 2 1/2 hours of my life back I sat there the whole time waiting for some thing to hapen, I got a headache! And there was a #2 !?!? You'd have to pay dearly in order for me to watch it!!!!
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

I DARE you to find that terrible movie and watch it! :smileyhappy: Ha won't last five minutes before you call quits.
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Wordsmith
Kat-NE

Well, thank Castiel (Um, I mean, God) that it's not on tv yet. I think I could make it through if I was doing something else too. Sleeping maybe.

Well, I have to get up at 5:30 and pretend that I'm a grown up who can handle responsibility and not blow up a restaurant (oh, the horror!). I'm off. Hopefully someone else will come on and you guys can keep the random chatter up until I come back tomorrow afternoon.

Oh, and P.S.: It wasn't aliens earlier. A breaker blew and took some of the appliances with it. At least, that was what they said . . .

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

But it was the aliens that blew the breaker!!! Well see ya later thanks for chating. :smileywink: Any other night crawlers about? XR?...Helo?.....Anyone?........Creepy!!
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.